What are you Thankful for

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!
This thanksgiving I have something new to give thanks for, I am thankful for early detection of breast cancer! I'm not finish with my treatments but I am a survivor. And I want to encourage all of you to stay up on your mammograms and husband encourage your wife too! I found mine myself so do your self checks as well.

(Stepping off her podium)

I am also thankful for a most excellent husband , family, friends and a wonderful life, which I try never to take for granted! And above all things I am thankful for my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ!

How about you, what are you thankful for?

Every single day of my life, I am SO grateful to have enough food to eat, a warm bed to sleep in and a roof over my head and I am grateful to live in a country of abundance and of peace. I am also grateful to be in good health. All in all, I am just so grateful that my family and I have all we could ever need and more.

No less significant to me, (because soaping is such a passion to me) I am also very grateful to all my fellow soapers who so willingly and unselfishly share their knowledge and experience with me through this forum and on youtube. I must have read hundreds of threads and watched hundreds of videos, where people show and tell all the whats, hows, whens and whys of soaping that I could ever wish for. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to learn all that I have learnt without the help of others.

I wish you good health and continued recovery, Pepsi Girl and I will take your reminder to heart. it's been a few years since I last had a mammogram, so I had better get that done. Thank you for reminding me.

Tienne, that 1st paragraph is such a good overview! I'll just say "ditto." I am also thankful for my Christian faith, and the savior that made it possible.

My newest "thanks" is a bit of a story. I suffer with depression and especially during the winter. I have a bit of the sadness that is a hallmark of depression, but my main problem is lack of energy. Usually about the end of December it hits me hard, and it is all I can do to plod off to work and home again each day. But this year it hit me hard and early. I've been just surviving, and sometimes barely. So when my co-teacher asked to borrow my Aromatherapy book, it prompted me to get out Green Pharmacy. I read there about Ginko extract helping elderly people. I prolly overlooked that before, but since I am getting- and do feel- old, I decided to give it a try. It is like I have come back to life! I could not take as much as the book said and still sleep at night, but by cutting back on the dose, I am doing great!

Pepsi Girl, I am also thankful for you. I always enjoy your posts. I pray that your health will be better than ever before.

I wish you good health and continued recovery, Pepsi Girl and I will take your reminder to heart. it's been a few years since I last had a mammogram, so I had better get that done. Thank you for reminding me.

Thank you, that makes me so happy!
And I totally what to "ditto" also!

Tienne, that 1st paragraph is such a good overview! I'll just say "ditto."

Pepsi Girl, I am also thankful for you. I always enjoy your posts. I pray that your health will be better than ever before.

Thank you so much! I'm believing it will!

Last edited:
I couldnt have said it better Pepsi Girl. I am so grateful for my husband, the blessed life that the Lord has provided through him. My family, and to find that there are so many God loving people on this website!!!!
Pepsi Girl- i will keep you in my prayers!
Ruthie- i used to battle the same. But through prayer, searching ( Like you are doing) and finding something that i like do to in winter, i have made it through. May i suggest using day light light bulbs throughout your home? I have a grow light for plants that i go and sit under, that helps alot too. I am so glad that you found some help though!

I couldnt have said it better Pepsi Girl. I am so grateful for my husband, the blessed life that the Lord has provided through him. My family, and to find that there are so many God loving people on this website!!!!
ditto! I love it too that there are so many God loving people on this site. And I'm grateful for my husband, we will be married for one year on the 5th.
Ruthie- i used to battle the same. But through prayer, searching ( Like you are doing) and finding something that i like do to in winter, i have made it through. May i suggest using day light light bulbs throughout your home? I have a grow light for plants that i go and sit under, that helps alot too. I am so glad that you found some help though!

Years ago I struggled with depression only to find out it was mostly hormone induced and then 8 years ago I had a job where they let us put in full spectrum lights over my cubicle, it helped SO much especially in the winter. Turn on the lights early, it helps reset your internal sleeping clock, and keep them on until a couple hours before bedtime.

I'm also so thankful my three grown sons are healthy. And my husbands children (2) are married and we have three grandkids now! ~Grandma Feather

Back