Thankful For Soapmaking!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countymounty22

Reaction score
I am thankful that I can come home, take off my vest and duty belt and go from deputy to soaper. I forget about the meth lab with 2 little kids. I forget about the guy that died alone and didn't have any family to notify. Instead, I focus on weighing out my oils and experimenting with EO's to create the perfect scent for that next batch. I am thankful for those who have shared their knowledge with me. I am thankful for this forum where I can share in other soapers excitement when they make their first batch or their angst when they have their first separation. I am thankful that I have the ability to measure, pour, and mix all the ingredients together. As you make that next batch of soap, think about what you are thankful for and how soapmaking has been about more than just making soap.

I am thankful for all of my crafts. Being disabled in a small town that is spread out not able to drive helps cut down on the cabin fever i generally suffer. I stay in my room a lot to not irritate my parents who are still a little miffed about having an adult child at home in the basement. they understand my monthly anit enough, but they are more than ready for a permanent empty nest, well except for their five cats.

I do 10 crafts currently and am working on soaping as my 11th. going to start small and then work up to it. I am even taking off 2 weeks from school just to soap..lol..after 8 months of constant school, i was not going to survive 3 more classes before our only break of the year. UOP is a fast track program, but i am burned out.

So looking forward to soaping.

countymounty22 said:
I am thankful that I can come home, take off my vest and duty belt and go from deputy to soaper. I forget about the meth lab with 2 little kids. I forget about the guy that died alone and didn't have any family to notify. Instead, I focus on weighing out my oils and experimenting with EO's to create the perfect scent for that next batch. I am thankful for those who have shared their knowledge with me. I am thankful for this forum where I can share in other soapers excitement when they make their first batch or their angst when they have their first separation. I am thankful that I have the ability to measure, pour, and mix all the ingredients together. As you make that next batch of soap, think about what you are thankful for and how soapmaking has been about more than just making soap.

These are lovely sentiments; thank you for sharing them.

I also find soaping to be helpful to restore balance to my busy life and to slow down a bit. I like to make something that is both practical and pleasing for those who use it.

Soaping is a blessing I so hear the above sentiments and soaping is my way of working through some pretty daunting nightshifts no matter what happens if I have a log of soap to cut into in the morning I will make it through the shift :)

I swear if I didn't have soap to turn to I'd go nuts!

Beautiful post, countymounty22.

Arts and crafts is a wonderful thing. Before soap, I never did anything but some collections of stuff. Lately I've been beading, too. Everything doesn't turn out spectacular but it's still something that's my own special thing to do at home. And it sure does relieve stress and make you forget the world for a little while.

My wife and I foster.
We foster young mums to be from chaotic backgrounds, the stories we could tell would make you cry. Whilst they are with us we complete mother and baby assessments (whilst we also have two children of our own 12 and 3) So we get the girls about three weeks before they pop, usually they are dead against this placement and resent us, the social workers and everything else around in their lives whilst still coping with the imminent birth of a baby when they are just children themselves (13-16) Then the baby arrives and it's sleeples nights, 24 hour co monitoring of the care of the baby, guidance, reassurance and confidence building as well as letting them be moody teens as well. The last one ran away and left the baby when she was 10 olds and very sick indeed.
Soap making seems to have become my Zen garden. Due to my relative newness to it I find I get a sense of calm whilst aligning all the pieces of the puzzle needed to get to a batch of soap. Add to that mix that I'm starting to get into this forum and I'm able to ask my super newbie questions with a constant flow of ace support I can genuinely say that I too am very grateful for my soap making at the moment.

Latest posts

Back