Saffron threads ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my2scents

Reaction score
I'd like to infuse some real Saffron threads in oil for the lovely vibrant yellow & then add the threads to my soap for texture.
I know Saffon is VERY expensive but I bought boatload when I was in Turkey @ the Ejyptian spice Market. & it was reasonable.
Anybody used Saffron? I don't think the smell would be too much, I don't think it smells that much anyway but... Any thoughts ?

Saffron Threads

Hi there! Im actually from that part of the world - and unfortunately, what they call saffron is often "safflower" - which looks somewhat like saffron, but technically isnt Crocus Sativa (Saffron). Even in many local Turkish stores that I frequent here on Long Island - I find myself bickering with management as to why they label their Safflower as Saffron.

Nonetheless, I recently made a batch with Saffron threads - and it came out great. I would recommend letting half your saffron threads steep in the oil overnight (just put them in the oil, and leave them be - no heat needed). Put the other half in pre-pouring without the stick blender (unless of course, you want stubs and not threads). Best wishes!

- Bilal Hito

Latest posts

Back