Rash gone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bnky

Reaction score
In late July my husband & I visited his good friend out of state. I took gifts of my handmade lavender soap (for his wife, daugher & cousin). His wife had a terrible rash on her legs when we arrived which worried me since I did not know if she may have allergies and could have a reaction to my soap also. I told her if it bothered her skin, to discontinue using it. Well, my husbands friend called just the other day to tell us that his wife's rash is completely gone after using my soap. He said she loved it and could not believe how good her skin looks and feels. Here I was worried about her using it, and it turns out it was just what she needed.

Congratulations!

I used to have hands that got red and raw, cuticles that split, and constantly broke out in hives.

Don't know for sure how much this has to do with it, but since I started making my own bath, laundry, and general cleaning soaps, I haven't had a hive, my cutiles are fine, and my skin is the color it's supposed to be. :)

Doesn't that feel great to know you helped someone out with your handmade soap. Congratulations

Kitn

that's awesome news!

it's one thing to tell friends and family of the benefits of our soaps, but news like that is so validating!!! (not that i think my soap is as good as yours, or anything, just a "high-5" for the cause) :)

Thanks everyone. I was really glad to hear that the rash went away. Her legs looked as if she had a bad case of ecxema, but I don't know what it was. I figured if she was using a commercial soap, handmade couldn't hurt, but I wondered and worried about it since I am fairly new to soapmaking and her legs looked pretty bad (I would have seen a doctor, but I'm guessing she is used to it). I'm a firm believer in natural; I really do think handmade is better for skin then the commercial bars with chemicals and little or no glycerin, but just wasn't too sure about her condition, if it was allergies or what. I'm glad it worked out and so is she.

Back