textured tops ba humbug!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
well kitn, you sher were right about the playing around w/ the soap for an hour......i spent at least that long fussing w/it! i finally bit the bullet and said i'm not walking about until i get a textured top. we'll see what tomorrow will bring. what really made me decide to do it, is that i realized after i poured the soap in the mold, that i forgot the @#$%^ fo!!! so i drizzled some on top i and i realized maybe if i worked it.....it might get incorporated enough to be ok. thus the inspiration to fuss with a textured top. it was supposed to be a pot swirl, but i decided i'd rather have a good smelling bar w a texutured top than an itp w no fragrance.

can't wait to see if i pulled it off.....fingers crossed and double crossed.

Oh Deborah , Crossing my fingers for you too . I sure hope it is A- okay in the am . Soap can surprise us in a good way too :D

Kitn

Hoping your soap turns out too!

The best/easiest way to get a nice textured top (in my experience, anyway) is to pour your soap at a very thick trace. Then take a small whisk and dip in and out of the soap from the sides to the center (it will make it mounded a bit in the center). That's how I do it, and always get good results (unless I'm using a fussy FO!)

A 3 or 4 tooth hairpick makes a great texture/ design on top of your soap , you can swirl it down the mold in a figure 8 or lots of different patterns.

Kitn

Latest posts

Back