Can I re-do candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBien

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new at candlemaking. I made some little soy candles in tins and they have hairline cracks on the top. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to "re-batch" candles as you do with soap, or and I just out of luck?

Thanks!
Stacie

Just take a heat gun and remelt the top slightly. That should take care of any imperfections on the top

Can I redo ?

Stacie,

Just in case you do not have a heat gun, you can always save the added expense by trying to melt the candle wax tops using a hair dryer. However, she is right, if you are planning to continue making soy wax candles, the heat gun is the way to go.

As a safety precaution, if the hair dryer is very powerful, you will want to be careful it does not blow hot wax.

Hit it with heat gun...

They were all right...you should use a heat gun so as to fix those imperfections in your candle... Use only heat gun as this is the only appropriate device that you can you can use to take care of your candle.
Heat guns can also be use to dry, strip paint, dry out damp woods, weld and bend plastics,. Heat guns will typically output air with a temperature ranging from 100 to 550 degree Celsius...
:idea:

Latest posts

Back