Color/Mixing/Pouring Containers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody make lip balm in the BB and Norpro type containers? I think that long narrow spout would be perfect for filling lip balm tubes. I have the tray, but balm still dribbles down the side of my measuring cup. Are the cups microwave safe? Can you get them hot enough to melt beeswax without them melting?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435276568.678422.jpg

This was what I used last time Dixie, it was perfect, small enough for my small batch and perfect pour, with that edge. This is what I used to use in India to froth up my coffee( need 2 for that) and sometimes just drink in. It is stainless steel, could go in my smallest sauce pan. You would need a pot holder though as it gets hot.

I use the 1 L (32 oz) containers for stick blending lotions and soap batter. Because they are tall and narrow, these pitchers work really well for SB'ing. I don't have any particular reservation about the square bottom for SB'ing. The 0.5 L (16 oz) containers work also, but they are not much larger across than the diameter of the bell on my SB. That makes it a bit harder to mix things up properly. A mini blender would be great for those.

Perfect, thank you.

I don't know that I've had or would have issues with the square bottom, it was just something that I got in my head.

Yes, it is a little harder clean out a tight corner with a spatula vs. cleaning out a rounded one. But it's not a big deal for me. I like how sturdy the containers are and the fact that the sharp spout doesn't drip. The inexpensive pitchers at the dollar store are too flimsy for my taste and are more "square" rather than tall-narrow, so my SB doesn't work quite as well. I tried 'em first, and am still happier with the other pitchers.

Latest posts

Back