Cotton Candy Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
So I have a soapy friend that comes over about every other month. Well, we decided to try out my 3 color tip coupler for piping the tops.

I completely forgot that this scent totally yellows the batter, and with the VS to get it back to the color you want, the soap needs to gel.

So the colors were supposed to represent colors of cotton candy, light pink, baby blue, and a purple. Well, the purple turned a baby poo greenish-brown, the blue turned green, and the pink turned orange.

Because I couldn't really get them to gel (actually forgot, and didn't think about trying too hard) after saponification, the pink turned to a peach color, the blue stayed a greenish turquoise, but I was happy the purple came back. :)

Anyway, here are the pics:

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Before the colors turned back I thought they looked like perfect fall colors! They look great both ways! :)

Thank you...
When I looked at the pics a couple days later, I thought the same thing, but they sure don't smell like fall. LOL
I do love this scent, and since this was just a test for the coupler, I will keep them for myself and give them for Christmas presents.

I like them. Love the 3 color piping. I purchased a coupler that can do that but haven't got around to using it as of yet. I made the cotton candy you recommended and it took quite a bit of work to get the yellow to go away. I used VS and quite a bit of TD and after gel it turned out pretty good. I did the pink and blue. My only problem is I can't smell it. My granddaughter who I made it for said she can so that's what matters. I thought about making cupcakes with it. Not sure it will happen though.

I like them. Love the 3 color piping. I purchased a coupler that can do that but haven't got around to using it as of yet. I made the cotton candy you recommended and it took quite a bit of work to get the yellow to go away. I used VS and quite a bit of TD and after gel it turned out pretty good. I did the pink and blue. My only problem is I can't smell it. My granddaughter who I made it for said she can so that's what matters. I thought about making cupcakes with it. Not sure it will happen though.

Yeah, it does yellow the batter, but I don't try too hard to get rid of that because I always use VS, and I always gel my soaps, and that will negate any of the yellowing going on. The key with the VS I use, is to make sure the soap gels. If it gels, no problem, if it doesn't, the yellowing affect doesn't quite go away. (as you can see here)
I only use the VS from BCN, and I have found no one elses I have tried works - at all. And I think I've tried them all. I can stave off any discoloring using BCN's for really stubborn and high vanilla content soaps for almost a year, and others that only have slight discoloration, for ever? years and years anyway...

I wonder if you are "nose blind" to the scent? I find CS Cotton Candy to be awesome in soap, and it sticks forever.

Yeah, it does yellow the batter, but I don't try too hard to get rid of that because I always use VS, and I always gel my soaps, and that will negate any of the yellowing going on. The key with the VS I use, is to make sure the soap gels. If it gels, no problem, if it doesn't, the yellowing affect doesn't quite go away. (as you can see here)
I only use the VS from BCN, and I have found no one elses I have tried works - at all. And I think I've tried them all. I can stave off any discoloring using BCN's for really stubborn and high vanilla content soaps for almost a year, and others that only have slight discoloration, for ever? years and years anyway...

I wonder if you are "nose blind" to the scent? I find CS Cotton Candy to be awesome in soap, and it sticks forever.

I am nose blind to some scents. That's why I ask other family to smell them if I can't. I actually got the BCN VS due to your recommendation. And so far, so good. Thank you again!!!!

Latest posts

Back