ISO soap dishes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyone here knows of a supplier of cheap wood soap dishes? I want to make gifts of soap for my friends and I want to include a soap dish so that the soap will last as long as possible for their enjoyment. I did this once several years ago and some of those people are still using the little wood soap dishes. I always tell people not to let handmade soap sit in water, but it has been my experience that they just go home and put it in whatever dish they already have, good or not for keeping soap dry. I could make them, it’s just that I’d rather spend my time making the soap. TIA

I’m wondering if anyone here knows of a supplier of cheap wood soap dishes? I want to make gifts of soap for my friends and I want to include a soap dish so that the soap will last as long as possible for their enjoyment. I did this once several years ago and some of those people are still using the little wood soap dishes. I always tell people not to let handmade soap sit in water, but it has been my experience that they just go home and put it in whatever dish they already have, good or not for keeping soap dry. I could make them, it’s just that I’d rather spend my time making the soap. TIA
How many do you need? I have a gal in Claremont that makes mine. PM me I am picking up 100 dishes sometime this week.

I'm interested in the same thing as Skatergirl. Can anyone provide a comparison of the wood slats vs the recycled mesh type (other than cost)? I've been using the mesh because it seems like easier cleanup, but they're definitely more expensive, which is real consideration when you don't sell. I'd actually like to find that material in bulk and cut my own, but haven't run across it.

I'm interested in the same thing as Skatergirl. Can anyone provide a comparison of the wood slats vs the recycled mesh type (other than cost)? I've been using the mesh because it seems like easier cleanup, but they're definitely more expensive, which is real consideration when you don't sell. I'd actually like to find that material in bulk and cut my own, but haven't run across it.

I haven't searched for the best prices, but I think vinyl pool mats like these are what a friend used and cut herself. Finding them in a recycled material would be even better.

any chance you can provide a picture Carolyn?
I am waiting to hear back for price and if my friend can get them made before the holidays. These are cut from one piece of pine so no legs to fall off, beveled and sanded with a belt sander. I have been using my original dish I purchased 15 years ago from a soaper that convinced me they are the best for soap. For anyone that wants a few I will sell off a few. Will be picking up 100 sometime this week. The pic shows 2 new in shrink wrap and 1 that has been in my shower for approx 3 yrs

20171007_104230[1].jpg

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I will have 100 dishes available for $1.25 each + shipping if anyone is interested just PM me. I sell these for $5.00 ea and they go like crazy during the holidays. These ARE NOT from China but made for me by a vendor friend of mine. For the price they make a nice little gift for a customers that purchase multiple bars of soap. Customers love little "Thank-you" gifts.

Back