"off gas"??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudsoap

Reaction score
I have poured my finished liquid soap into glass bottles.

The strangest thing, when I go to tighten the pump it slowly unwinds by itself. Practically, completely loose. I tried a different bottle and pump and same thing. However when I tried it when the bottle was EMPTY the pump completely closed tight and did not loosen. So Im wondering if soap gives off a gas thats trying to expand and wont let the pump stay put or could it be the viscosity trying to push it up?

Check it out....

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO-ehmlsQDoF6TgO8dkssZFeLH3LM2I6HWmA8sn

Anyone ever experience this??? Its so weird and I dont know how to fix it.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

To post a picture by uploading it to SMF, scroll down to the bottom of this thread to the "Quick reply" section. Write a message as usual.

Now, look for the button below your message that says "Manage attachments" and click on it. A small window will appear. Click the first "Browse" button and find the picture you want to upload. If you have a second picture to upload, repeat the process by clicking the second "Browse" button, etc.

Don't make your picture files too large, or the upload won't work.

Now ... very important and easy to forget ... be sure to click the "Upload" button in the lower right part of the small window to actually transfer the pictures to SMF. You're done!

I think it would be a good idea to give a recipe and method -- you are asking us to play a guessing game with no concrete information.

For the record, I have never had a capped jar of anything -- lotion, soap, whatever -- loosen by itself. That's not to cast doubt on your problem -- I accept that you're having this trouble. But without any context, I can't give any kind of reasonable advice to help you with your problem.

Okay, BG, I had to google that one; I'm not a film buff.

Amityville Horror! Really???? <cue spooky music>

;)

LOL

OP- No, it has never happened to me, either.[/QUO

Susie do you live in a haunted house? I go on pinterest and look at ghost pics

Sorry I did not mean to go off topic'

LOL

OP- No, it has never happened to me, either.[/QUO

Susie do you live in a haunted house? I go on pinterest and look at ghost pics

Sorry I did not mean to go off topic'

Not me! I don't even watch scary movies! I remembered that address from the one horror movie I was forced to watch. It cured me from ever watching another one.

Thanks guys for your replies. Ive contacted the seller of my pumps for further investigation. Ill let you know what they say. Its seriously the weirdest thing!

yOU have to watch THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Technilly it's a triller, a smart but good enough to be a Horror, just good enough to be a horrow.

Back