Soap Stamps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do the same thing. It works a treat, and by now I’m familiar with how hard I have to press (or if I need the hammer).

I've found that it greatly depends on the rubber stamp. With a few exceptions, I mostly use rubber stamps to stamp my soaps (the same kind used for scrapbooking), and while some proved themselves to be completely useless and a waste of my money, there are others that I have that actually work fantastic. The trick is in finding those that are not 'too busy', i.e., the ones that don't have a lot of tiny/small, intricate details going on in the design. Here are a few examples of the ones that work great for me:

View attachment 28941 View attachment 28942 View attachment 28943 View attachment 28945

I stamp my soaps when they are about the same consistency as a block of cheddar cheese (firm, but still with a little 'give' to them). I also like to dip them in shimmery mica first, as you can see.

IrishLass :)

I'm glad it is possible. I've had no luck with it so gave up. Yours are beautiful as always!

I've found that it greatly depends on the rubber stamp. With a few exceptions, I mostly use rubber stamps to stamp my soaps (the same kind used for scrapbooking), and while some proved themselves to be completely useless and a waste of my money, there are others that I have that actually work fantastic. The trick is in finding those that are not 'too busy', i.e., the ones that don't have a lot of tiny/small, intricate details going on in the design. Here are a few examples of the ones that work great for me:

View attachment 28941 View attachment 28942 View attachment 28943 View attachment 28945

I stamp my soaps when they are about the same consistency as a block of cheddar cheese (firm, but still with a little 'give' to them). I also like to dip them in shimmery mica first, as you can see.

IrishLass :)

Great information, IrishLass. It makes me want to go out and look for more simply designed stamps. There is a seller on eBay selling some of the discontinued Milky Way stamps, if anyone wants to give them a try. Most of them do look like they are really not too busy to create a nice design.

Great information, IrishLass. It makes me want to go out and look for more simply designed stamps. There is a seller on eBay selling some of the discontinued Milky Way stamps, if anyone wants to give them a try. Most of them do look like they are really not too busy to create a nice design.

The MilkyWay stamps are very nice. I love how they leave a raised image within a recessed frame on my soap, as opposed to the image itself being recessed- they have a way of lending a nice touch of class to even the dowdiest-looking of my soaps. I have 3 of them- the dolphin, the thistle, and the bee. My favorite of them is the bee stamp. Sometimes a little soap will get stuck in a cranny or two as I'm stamping with it, depending on the level of softness/hardness of my bar, but it's nothing that the toothbrush I keep handy can't quickly dislodge. The softness/hardness of the bar also determines whether I need to use a mallet or not. If soft enough, all I need to do is press it down with my hand. Here's a pic of how I like to use the bee stamp (I paint the raised bee image with gold mica mixed with a tiny amount of glycerin). Just click on the pic to enlarge:

IMG_1449OrangeBlossomHoney800.JPG

I was wondering the same thing as
Lin19687 about heating. When I stamp candles I warm them with a heat gun. Wondering if that would work with soap? (Along with the plastic)

The MilkyWay stamps are very nice. I love how they leave a raised image within a recessed frame on my soap, as opposed to the image itself being recessed- they have a way of lending a nice touch of class to even the dowdiest-looking of my soaps. I have 3 of them- the dolphin, the thistle, and the bee. My favorite of them is the bee stamp. Sometimes a little soap will get stuck in a cranny or two as I'm stamping with it, depending on the level of softness/hardness of my bar, but it's nothing that the toothbrush I keep handy can't quickly dislodge. The softness/hardness of the bar also determines whether I need to use a mallet or not. If soft enough, all I need to do is press it down with my hand. Here's a pic of how I like to use the bee stamp (I paint the raised bee image with gold mica mixed with a tiny amount of glycerin). Just click on the pic to enlarge:

View attachment 28958
Thank you, IrishLass. The bee looks nicely done. I went ahead and ordered two of those MW stamps on eBay. My town claims the Maple Leaf as it's logo, so I thought that might be fitting for soaps I give away to local family and friends. And the one that says 'Soap' just because sometimes my soap doesn't look exactly like soap, or so I've been told. An additional reminder that it's not really food might help.

I'm glad it is possible. I've had no luck with it so gave up. Yours are beautiful as always!

I use some of those same stamps. I spray my stamp with alcohol first before using mica. But maybe that is not necessary. Do you just press the stamp on dry.

Latest posts

Back