I think I fixed my oops :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I tried a new fragrance in this batch of CPHP, and it made me work much faster than usual...lol... When I unmolded, I liked how it looked, until I sliced, and it broke in half. I've never had to rebatch HP before, and this is how it ended up. And I tried out the new mold hubby made for me :)
Any opinions? Advice? What shape mold do you prefer working with?
And sorry about the pics...my cell phone and I aren't friends...

IMG_20150411_111658.jpg

IMG_20150411_111716.jpg

IMG_20150411_111737.jpg

I tried a new fragrance in this batch of CPHP, and it made me work much faster than usual...

What do you mean, it made you work faster than usual? Are you saying the FO caused acceleration? If you added the FO after the cook, then acceleration isn't possible.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, some FOs cause acceleration because of how they react with the chemical process (saponification) that's starting to take place in the soap. Post-cook = no remaining lye = no acceleration. This is one of the reasons people choose to HP: so they can work with naughty FOs without issues like acceleration, ricing, separation, etc.

Of course, this assumes that your recipe was properly formulated (not lye-heavy) and that it was in fact finished cooking when you added your FO.

CPHP - Cold Process Hot Process? Hmmmm. Fragrances can be used in Hot Process that cause issues in Cold Process. I'm not following something here. In any event, looks like a nice save!

Crock Pot Hot Process.

CPHP - Cold Process Hot Process? Hmmmm. Fragrances can be used in Hot Process that cause issues in Cold Process. I'm not following something here. In any event, looks like a nice save!

I'm pretty sure CPHP is Crock Pot Hot Process. If not, then perhaps none of my remarks are applicable. It looks like crock pot soap in the pictures, though.

Yes, it's crock pot hot process. It was a nice batch, not lye heavy when cooked, but I do have a couple of fragrances that seem to thicken the soap very quickly. I don't have any problems otherwise. I add my fragrance and color at the very end...unless the fragrance reacts with the color, I have no clue why it would happen. Thanks for responding everyone :smile:

Back