Bubble bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerzuke

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my third try of making bubble bars. I have surfacants which are powdered form: Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate (mild alternative to SLS and a near equivalent to the SLSA) and SLS noodles (not relly a powder but still..). I have tried both of them in my bubble bar recipes and with Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate they just dont come out - they become too thick to even form and when they are dry its impossible to crumble them in water. With SLS noodles i dont have such a problem, its good to roll and make different shapes and easy to crumble in water. Although DSLS is milder i think im gonna stick with SLS, but my question is what is the safe usage rate? In my bubble bar recipe i use SLS 29% - is it too much?. Then i use soda, cream of tartar, two liquid surfacant and glycerin.

I think that they are pretty :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think they are pretty too.
when i make BBs i usually put them in the tub under the water as it falls and it gets kind of "pinned down" by the water and makes a ton of bubbles. mine get too hard to crumble at first too :?

Pretty colors :)

Did your SLS come with info on usage? I've seen usage rates ranging from 3-10 %. But I'd contact your supplier to make sure.

Latest posts

Back