My soap is not clear !!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafeeqdaban

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I tried to make transparent soap today , i used cocoa butter instead of tallow, and the other known recipe, and I added alcohol and sugar solution, but when I pour the soap in the mold and it got dry , it went yellow, not clear at all, can anyone help me? Is it the cocoa butter? If it is what can use instead of it and tallow and lard and palm oil,,, thanks

Here is my soap pic
IMG_3833.jpg

It has only been 6 minutes since you posted, I think expecting an answer straight away is a bit much, some people only come in SMF every few days, so you will have to wait until someone gets back to you when they can. Not everyone makes transparent soap.
If you supply your recipe someone may be able to help.
Also, as you have just joined and are new, would you like to introduce yourself in the Introduction section.

The cocoa butter is what's causing it not to be clear. I made the recipe here with cocoa butter instead of palm and it isn't anywhere near clear. You might try with coconut mainly, that's what I'm planning to do.

It has only been 6 minutes since you posted, I think expecting an answer straight away is a bit much, some people only come in SMF every few days, so you will have to wait until someone gets back to you when they can. Not everyone makes transparent soap.
If you supply your recipe someone may be able to help.
Also, as you have just joined and are new, would you like to introduce yourself in the Introduction section.

Thanks

The cocoa butter is what's causing it not to be clear. I made the recipe here with cocoa butter instead of palm and it isn't anywhere near clear. You might try with coconut mainly, that's what I'm planning to do.

But the coconut oil is not solid at room temperature , will it makes the bar solid ??

But the coconut oil is not solid at room temperature , will it makes the bar solid ??

Coconut oil will make a solid bar of soap. A traditional example: olive oil makes a rock hard bar of soap but is always liquid at room temperature.

Also take a look at the coconut oil. Is it fractionated or regular coconut oil? (I know 90% of the world is warmer than where I live, it's just a double check thing) regular coconut oil makes a wonderful bar of soap with the right superfat, I have to melt my coconut oil before soaping. Fractionated coconut oil can also be used but it may give your soap a higher "cleansing number." You can use it but you may also find that fractionated coconut oil strips more oil from your skin than you'd like - most people don't find it useful to purchase the more expensive fractionated coconut oil for soaping.

Thank you , it is so helpful

Coconut oil will make a solid bar of soap. A traditional example: olive oil makes a rock hard bar of soap but is always liquid at room temperature.

Also take a look at the coconut oil. Is it fractionated or regular coconut oil? (I know 90% of the world is warmer than where I live, it's just a double check thing) regular coconut oil makes a wonderful bar of soap with the right superfat, I have to melt my coconut oil before soaping. Fractionated coconut oil can also be used but it may give your soap a higher "cleansing number." You can use it but you may also find that fractionated coconut oil strips more oil from your skin than you'd like - most people don't find it useful to purchase the more expensive fractionated coconut oil for soaping.

But does it work without tallow or lard or palm oil?

Ive never made transparent soap but to my understand as long as you use oils with little to no unsopanificables you should be fine. Butters don't work in transparent soap because there are bits left over after soponification finishes. If you post your full recipe or all the oils you have on hand someone can help point out what works and what doesn't.

Is there a reason you are making transparent soap first or do you have a bit of soap making experience and are just stuck on this project? I can't tell from how you word your posts. It may help if we have an idea of your skill level then we can point you to easier techniques to ease the learning curve.

Posting your recipe and process would help a great deal. Are you trying to make transparent melt and pour soap? Or just transparent? There are a great many recipes for both out there, and not all of them work.

Posting your recipe and process would help a great deal. Are you trying to make transparent melt and pour soap? Or just transparent? There are a great many recipes for both out there, and not all of them work.

I am trying to make transparent melt and pour soap , and i want it clear as this picture IMG_3861.jpg

Latest posts

Back