Percentage of PO and PKO in Laundary Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosesakpan

Reaction score
Hello All,

In this part of the world most people uses (laundry) bar soap for washing clothes and other items.
I am a beginner in soap business. The most available and affordable oils are PO, PKO (Please feel free to comment on palm fruit oils, for there is no deforestation where I am from. It is rather an advantage to even plant a Palm tree when there no trees)and Tallow.

I need a recipe with very hard, bubbly and cleansing for that is what my clients are looking for in my soap.

Thank you

You can make 100% PKO I imagine. PO isn't a good option for laundry. I would try the PKO with a 0% SF. I know some use 100% Lard so Tallow may work too but I've not tried it myself.

You can make 100% PKO I imagine. PO isn't a good option for laundry. I would try the PKO with a 0% SF. I know some use 100% Lard so Tallow may work too but I've not tried it myself.

Thank you for your reply.
I've made two batches of 100% PKO so and it has been wonderful in terms of hardness, bubbly and cleansing and my customers like it. But my challenge is the the profit margin. PKO is very costly as compared to PO and tallow.

Thank you for your reply.
I've made two batches of 100% PKO so and it has been wonderful in terms of hardness, bubbly and cleansing and my customers like it. But my challenge is the the profit margin. PKO is very costly as compared to PO and tallow.

PO will not make laundry soap. 100% Coconut is what I make.

Use 50% PKO and 50% tallow. If the tallow is bovine, a soap like that would be plenty cleansing for clothing and still a little more gentle on the hands as opposed to 100% PKO. The best thing to really do is find your formula yourself through some experimentation and see which formulation gets the job done while keeping production costs down.

Latest posts

Back