Coffee Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look up Dr Diane on You Tube and see how she makes canna butter with olive oil. I use the same method for rosemary and any other herb. I works really well for rosemary and I have also used eucalyptus leaves and just about any other herb I find growing. Best to be careful if making what she makes because it is extremely strong.

Look up Dr Diane on You Tube and see how she makes canna butter with olive oil. I use the same method for rosemary and any other herb. I works really well for rosemary and I have also used eucalyptus leaves and just about any other herb I find growing. Best to be careful if making what she makes because it is extremely strong.

Aha- the method that you use does call for the water and oils and herbs to all be mixed together. Whew- I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. :)

Although I'm not into what Dr. Diane was making, the method itself of mixing everything together (water, oils + infusion ingredient of choice) and heating in a pressure cooker looked very interesting. Do you find that you get a stronger coffee infusion by cooking the mixture under pressure vs the method lsg and Penelope use (I would imagine you would)? And do you use the same ratio of water to oil with your coffee beans that she uses in what she makes?

IrishLass :)

I checked the database to find the most similar oil to coffee oil and, man that's a strange beast. Assuming horse oil and rabbit fat are equally difficult to get, the closest fatty acid profile to coffee oil, and it's not particularly close, is Crisco (with palm). If you have some around, maybe you could substitute that for the coffee oil.

Just what I needed to know!

Just sat down today and going over the recipe for coffee soap, when I noticed the coffee seed oil - I'm not paying that kind of money for it either. I have been all over the internet looking for a substitute for the seed oil! Thanks so much for this forum. You answered my questions!! I'm making Coffee soap on Saturday - very excited about it! Next project is red wine soap! Thought that would be a hoot too. Just made Guinness Stout Beer soap, which turned out great!

I checked the database to find the most similar oil to coffee oil and, man that's a strange beast. Assuming horse oil and rabbit fat are equally difficult to get, the closest fatty acid profile to coffee oil, and it's not particularly close, is Crisco (with palm). If you have some around, maybe you could substitute that for the coffee oil.

I think they are using coffee oil to get the coffee colour (and maybe fragrance but I'm not sure about that) so the oil profile is irrelevant for substitution.

Latest posts

Back