First ever soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a nice recipe. Personally I would increase the lard by 10% and drop the OO by the same amount.
How far it reaches trace really depends on other factors like temp and water content.

Generally speaking it shouldn't trace fast and should be ready to cut within 12 hours but cutting time has variables too.

I'd listen to them all... that's the first recipe I ever used .. I thought it would be kinda smelly - cause of the lard and I wasn't too sure about it ... was I ever wrong! It's the best recipe I've used and the results are amazing .. lathers good .. no fatty oily smell.. hard it's such a great recipe .. a must .. most of all my soaps are made from this recipe ( about 12 batches I've made already )

Love this forum and the amazing ppl

Looks good, and your first recipe is about what I use a lot. I just add 10% avocado oil and take it from the olive oil. Make a small batch with the second recipe, then another with Susie's suggestion less coconut. Don't get too stick blender happy - just a 2-3 second burst, stir for about 15-30 seconds before another short burst. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you!
I will definitely drop the olive by 10% and add it to the lard seeing as both of you suggested that ^_^
So the resulting recipe is
20% coconut 76
50% lard
25% olive
5% castor ?

This is my exact go to recipe. Even with my dry skin, the 20% coconut doesn't bother it.

Latest posts

Back