All Natural

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for this thread. I needed a good laugh.

Natural soap. Yep.
I was walking along in the woods and right there on the ground was this fresh bar of soap. I thought to myself "I wonder if this bar of soap is organic or if it somehow was sprayed with an enhancing chemical or insectiside?"

Never gonna happen.
Ever.
Soap is not nature made.
Never organic.
All soap needs lye to be made. On purpose by humans.

Bug parts are in nearly all food too. We just don't see most of them because they are so small. Don't look up thrips if you don't want proof.
When the filter starts to plug at the local store I know they've had a fresh batch of honey delivered. We have raw local and raw from another state. You can smell the difference and see it too. One of my favorite things this raw honey stuff.

The caramel smell can depend on the type of honey. Very dark floral sources like buckwheat can smell like caramel. But you are right - it should smell very floral usually.

True. There are unusual types of honey that don't smell floral or citrusy, but those are not as likely to make it to the consumer as the more typical "mixed wildflower" and "clover" types of honey.

For example, the bees may bless me with some goldenrod honey in the next month or two. It can smell like dirty sweat socks, has a dark caramel color, and the texture is oddly gelatinous. Weird to look at and smell. But the flavor is an amazing taste of heaven.

I don't even share it with my mom -- the tiny bit of goldenrod honey the bees make is reserved for DH and me. On good white bread with real butter. :)

I've never seen insects or debris in my raw shea. I get it from Camden Grey. I guess it's filtered?

Bugs in my food don't bother me too much. I mean, it's not ideal but I don't think there's an actual health risk so, meh.

Rats worry me a lot more.

I did eat raw brownie batter out of the bowl last night, though.
My shea always came direct from ghana. I would also find chili peppers in it. But I also found a cricket in a block of palm shortening from Smart & Final one time.

Latest posts

Back