Christmas 2017

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to make the coal soaps someone else posted. I haven't seen a rock mold I like, so I'm actually planning to collect rocks and order some silicone and make my own. I figure if I get a REALLY REALLY discoloring FO - right now BB's Vanilla Bean is my top choice - then add just a bit of black to bump it over from dark dark brown to black, it won't make dark grey suds.

Hide under a rock from Nov 1 to Dec 16th.

I snorted. ha. So would that be a soap rock? :razz: Would you be making your own mold like dixiedragon's coal or maybe free form it like Humblebee and Me's lumps of coal? Incidentally, my boys (5&6) watched this video today and they are all set to help me make coal. dixiedragon, that is a great idea about letting the FO make it brown and just add a bit of black oxide.

ETA: I did not realize posting a youtube video link to post the video and had to move it so it was not in the middle of a paragraph.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS87KUDg2Co"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS87KUDg2Co[/ame]

I snorted. ha. So would that be a soap rock? :razz: Would you be making your own mold like dixiedragon's coal or maybe free form it like Humblebee and Me's lumps of coal?

I made free form lumps of coal for "the boys" last Christmas. The soap is really nice. I used smooth coconut charcoal and Cindy's recipe for African Black Soap here:

https://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Coconut-Carbon-Powder-Smooth.html

I used 2% charcoal, whoops! -- 1% would be better -- made the washcloth black... I included blue bath poufs which Cindy also has at an excellent price.

On another note, the best "Christmas" red is Nurture Soaps Really Red! Mica here:

https://nurturesoap.com/products/really-red-mica-powder-soap-colorant?variant=21308831686

I currently have been only using oxides and natural colorants but have been making my mica list! I have a long list from TKB (need bath bomb colorants and micas for makeup) which hopefully will be my mothers day gift. I've been working on Nurture list and Really Red is #1 on the list! The problem is that I keep changing my mind about the FOs. Too many options!

lol Relle loves Christmas! Me too.
You know what would be cool if possible? (I do not mean to step on any toes ...) a soap swap where we exchange Christmas a soap bar like a secret Santa! :smalltree::dancingsanta:

HO HO HO? :lolno: NO NO NO! :crazy:

Thanks for the reminder, Relle. I need ideas for what to make for 11-13 year old boys. ??? In the past I've made lumps of coal soap; Monkey Farts hair & body shampoo; jelly soap; DIY foaming soap with foamer; other stuff I can't remember just now (CRS :)). Any and all help appreciated...

Thanks for the reminder, Relle. I need ideas for what to make for 11-13 year old boys. ??? In the past I've made lumps of coal soap; Monkey Farts hair & body shampoo; jelly soap; DIY foaming soap with foamer; other stuff I can't remember just now (CRS :)). Any and all help appreciated...

What's wrong with Magic Stink-away bars? Nobody likes a stinky boy, not even other stinky boys. You can also give them the "cop-out" gift of $20 via gift card. I guess it's just my family, but we all appreciate monetary gifts a little more than some gift we don't need (ie Calgon body products for me as it would break me out) but if you gave us something like socks, clothes, or a giftcard to Target, We'd really be thankful.

I found a dinosaur cupcake mold at Walmart a few weeks ago. It's a hit with my husband! I want to say the bars are in the 3-4oz range

. You can also give them the "cop-out" gift of $20 via gift card.

Or put $20 in a small plastic container and embed it in some m&p :p

I found a dinosaur cupcake mold at Walmart a few weeks ago. It's a hit with my husband! I want to say the bars are in the 3-4oz range

Or put $20 in a small plastic container and embed it in some m&p :p

I like that idea since it would incline people to use your soap... Sneaky!:think::twisted::mrgreen:

soap queen has a video on adding tattoos at the top or inside MP soap. They are really cool, because you can use more grown up tattoos like dragons, etc.

Or also embed in MP? There is the craze out there about these bags that bring little toys, but I am not are how expensive they are. I have seen some at dollar tree. But for that age group you can put mine craft embeds, or the night before Christmas?

Cool idea about putting money in the MP soap. I don't even think you'd need to put it into a plastic container first. I've laundered so many dollar bills, I can attest to their hardy response to a washer and dryer. Well, that's my experience anyway. :) The thought makes me want to try it.

Zany, have you seen any cute car or truck molds? It's hard to find molds with shapes boys would favor, but cars and trucks molds are available. So are some molds for some sports teams, but they're a bit harder to find and pretty darn specific. Also I've seen generic sports theme molds for basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, etc. They always seem to be pretty small, more for candies or cupcake types of molds. And sometimes ice-cube molds of the same genre. But WSP has a couple at least and so does BrambleBerry at least in one of their kits.

But the Baseball soap mold is one I am considering for my brothers. We go to Spring Training in AZ every March, so a baseball theme is quite appropriate in our family.

I ran into molds for ice cubes for some state ball teams now and then, in fact have one for the neighboring state. Still haven't seen one for the state where I live, but I haven't looked extensively either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back