Making a soap which will keep me smelling fresh for 24h+

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how can I can use essential oils/herbal extracts, castile soap and zinc pca to make a shampoo/shower gel which will keep me smelling fresh for at least 24 hours??? Will mixing these ingredients do the trick or will I have to add other ingredients.

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

I may also be able to use zinc pyrithione.

Last edited:
Soap is rinse-off, so it wouldn't be too effective at deodorizing, I think. The alkaline nature of soap is enough to remove most bacteria from the skin. Instead, I'd recommend a body powder and/or body spray. I don't know how you could use zinc in a body spray (I doubt you could), but you can easily make a body spray with just witch hazel and some essential oils. Just fill a 4-oz spray bottle (I like those blue glass bottles with the fingertip sprayers, rather than the Windex-style spray apparatuses) with witch hazel, add 20-30 drops of essential oils (depending on how strong the essential oils you're using are, and how strong you want the scent), and shake before using. Patchouli, rosewood, sage, lemongrass, eucalyptus, and cedarwood are all said to be deodorizing. You could try patchouli + sage + lemongrass, or eucalyptus + orange. As for body powder, here is a page with recipes. Some recipes contain zinc oxide which I think you'd be interested in.

Back