What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soapy thing I did today was to get massive soap envy. Beautiful bars, Consuela!

Awh thanks, though I must admit. I like the look of the bar but I'm terrifies the piped top is going to separate.

Any tips on making is stick? Other than "pipe sooner" lol.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1416669147.257668.jpg

Gorgeous soaps!

I dont think there is anything you can do at this point if those tops start to separate...they look pretty solid to me tho..Id just leave them alone so they can harden really well.

I myself have not been able to do any soapy things..somehow managed to dislocate my shoulder..or something..not sure what it is, but feels like it's going to pop right out of there..can't lift it or move it behind my back or anything...guh..have to break down and find a dr to see :-(

Oh shoot!! Better for sure get it checked and see what the heck is going on then you can get back to soaping!

I had the worst leg cramp this morning, woke me up instantly and took a few minutes to massage out. I'lli miss the baby kicks but not the leg cramps!! Drinking more water, I'll see if that helps.

Most of them are stuck good but there's the odd one that concerns me. Oh well, lesson learned. Move even faster!

I also have a drs appointment this afternoon so perhaps I'll soap this evening.

Yikes, Jani, take care! You have to protect your stick-blending arm. Today I made mulberry-scented soap (NG does the fragrance). Didn't accelerate at all although the reviews claimed it would. I printed out labels and packaged up a butt-ton of soaps for shops and orders. They are sitting out looking all tidy and pretty. Proud soap mama tonight. :)

Boy can I relate to that^^ I have been in bed with a sinus infection. I'm the only one in the house that actually does them. I have mount dishmore spreading from the sink to the counter.

I was going to do my soap challenge tonight but that can't happen without any space to work.

The last few days, I have been setting up quickbooks.

We had our last show of the season over the weekend and it was our best yet. I am thrilled with how well this year has gone for us.

Looked at the dishes again.

:) I have the same issue. Cannot train the cat to wash dishes. Sigh.

I have done nothing but labels, labels, labels. Oh yeah labels. Drop off for Xmas show T minus 7 days. Cat can't work the printer either.

Last edited:
I keep cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes thinking I might do some soaping...it hasn't happened yet. I guess I am waiting for my BB orders before I commit to something.

I have been making labels of all the soaps I have made so I can just copy and paste to a sheet when I need one.

Not much today - just went to Costco to buy a couple of big bottles of Olive Oil, and put in two orders, one at Wholesale Supplies, where I thought I had put in an order days ago, only to find my stuff still in the cart!. Then ordered a few things from BB. Since I can't have enough CP soap made in time for Christmas, I ordered four lbs of BB Shea butter Melt and Pour and a couple of pounds of their premier clear Melt and Pour to make some embeds with my new raspberry embed mold.

June

Been too busy selling my soapy things to make and/or post about soapy things lately. I've done three craft fairs so far this season (my best being a two-day show this past weekend) and have one left. I've met a couple other very nice fellow soapers at these shows (in fact, I haven't met a mean one yet!). And I made a sign-up sheet for an email newsletter I'm going to start, so I'd better start working on that! :)

Made some "Salted Caramel" soap, with BBs Chipotle Caramel. I couldn't smell any chipotle, but lots of caramel. I put some large grains of sea salt on top. It smells really good, and it's making me hungry.

Oh yeah, and I cleaned the garage so I wouldn't feel so guilty about spending so much time soaping and not enough cleaning! So that was soap related, too.

Last edited:
Nice to know the BB Salted Caramel smells as yummy as it sounds, navigator! Not that I can order anything from BB because the order I placed on Nov. 11 is still being packed, according to the web site. So all the Christmas soaps I owe clients and shops will be last-minute scramble work from me.
Still, making a list, Santa style .... <salted caramel, and CHECK> :)

Not much today. I didn't post yesterday because it was a busy day, soaping and otherwise! I made a batch of GM soap, and my second attempt at a swirl (like the GC challenge from this month). The GM was still warm this morning, so they'll both wait until after we return from our TG travel. Hopefully they both turn out well enough to be gifts :)

Testing a newer soap that just hit 4 weeks. It amazes me sometimes that after almost a year of soaping I still get excited about how much better my soaps are getting. This one hits the same numbers as many of my recipes if your comparing in soapcalc but something about this formula made it harder and lather better than previous recipes.

My edjumication continues... (yes, that was deliberate)

Back