Separation problem in liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aye2m

Reaction score
I have the problem of separation in the final liquid soap. Is there a way to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would post your entire recipe in weights, as well as fragrances and all additives, we can help you troubleshoot it.
Hello,
I am having the same problem today ... the recipe is 65% oo, 30% co and 5% castor .. water & glycerin / lye
It cooked looked right and it separated in the container 2 days later ...
what happen??? Can I salvage this gallon of soap

Hello,
I am having the same problem today ... the recipe is 65% oo, 30% co and 5% castor .. water & glycerin / lye
It cooked looked right and it separated in the container 2 days later ...
what happen??? Can I salvage this gallon of soap

This post is almost a year old. You may want to just start a new thread to get a better response. Welcome to the forum.

And if you do make a new thread, please post a complete recipe with weights of ALL ingredients -- fats, alkali, water, and all other additives -- not just %'s of fats. There's no way a person can troubleshoot without full info. Photos of the separated soap and your method of making the soap would be helpful as well.

I wrote awhile back about my first liquid soap attempt separating (I've had success with bar soaps) and I thought it might have been bc the KOH was old. Someone said not to throw it out but add in liquid and my new KOH equal amts a little at a time??
My recipe was 185gr KOH, 820gr olive oil, 89gr castor oil327 gr water, 227 gr glycerin. It's been sitting for 3 mos now with oil on the top and taffy looking on bottom that I got zapped from.
Should I throw away and start over (same recipe?) or is there some way I can save what I have?
Many thanks,
pat (in Greece where I have an overabundance of olive oil and coconut oil is v expensive)

I wrote awhile back about my first liquid soap attempt separating (I've had success with bar soaps) and I thought it might have been bc the KOH was old. Someone said not to throw it out but add in liquid and my new KOH equal amts a little at a time??
My recipe was 185gr KOH, 820gr olive oil, 89gr castor oil327 gr water, 227 gr glycerin. It's been sitting for 3 mos now with oil on the top and taffy looking on bottom that I got zapped from.
Should I throw away and start over (same recipe?) or is there some way I can save what I have?
Many thanks,
pat (in Greece where I have an overabundance of olive oil and coconut oil is v expensive)

Please start a new thread. This is an old thread and you will get a better response. Also, please read the forum rules for posting.

Latest posts

Back