Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are two pictures of shimmy wall pours done at a thicker trace. If you look at the pattern and imagine it showing on only one side, it more or less matches up with the melon and blue one.

I looked at the quiet one. I don't think they spun. There seems to be kind of a hook in the pattern when soap is spun and it looks too smooth for that, to my eyes.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 4.54.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 4.53.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Oh WOW. That green and brown one is amazing! It looks like cut wood blended with grass or leaves. How in the world is that done? It almost looks like the brown is a separate pour then cut and placed as imbeds. Any other ideas?

Oh my gosh! I KNEW it was possible to make a Haida soap even though I didn't figure it out myself! I tried during our skewer challenge. There was just something about it - now I know what. I actually wanted to make an animal in that style -- like the raven on her label. That could still be a tall order but I might have to try again sometime.

Here's a bold one. And here's how she made it: https://ravensongsoap.com/making-haida-potlatch-soap/

Haida-Potlatch-Relaxation-500x500.jpg

Love this top. I wish it were possible to get this effect all the way through the bar!

Do you think you could use one of the large needle meat injector syringes to inject color "tubes" from top to bottom? It would be very time intensive but might give the same effect.

Latest posts

Back