• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you are having to provide bottles that you had to clean, store, and now re-package with DB, as well as take the time, effort, and risk of running this whole thing, I think you are entitled to make money on it. That is what people everywhere do, you know, make money on their time and effort.

I second this and am amenable to the pricing. I could even purchase a bit more (crazy talk for a hobbyist) if it helps you reach the 40lb threshold for a bigger price break :)
Thankyou, I might end up buying new bottles but I have buckets of bottles and much prefer to re-use. I can say that a quality fo is very expensive to have made. I always thought Sweet Cakes was high on prices and now I know why. This is the third fo I have had duped and they have all been in the $20+ range per lb.

Thankyou, I might end up buying new bottles but I have buckets of bottles and much prefer to re-use. I can say that a quality fo is very expensive to have made. I always thought Sweet Cakes was high on prices and now I know why. This is the third fo I have had duped and they have all been in the $20+ range per lb.

I much prefer you re-use bottles, also. Less in the landfills.

I have recently purchased several FOs, and I can say that $27/lb is a steal when I paid $4.95 for 2 oz ON SALE. That comes out to $39.60/lb. So, even if I assume $10 for shipping, I am still coming out ahead of the game. AND this is guaranteed to smell better!

I am intrigued! But 16 oz of a discoloring fragrance for hobby soaping is holding me back a little.

Those of you who have been blowing through it, can you share your experience? For example, it is a warm hue, chocolaty or what? Does it bleed into parts that don't contain it?

Not trying to steal the thread but if it's okay with Carolyn could people provide some artistic testimony in words and pics? I'm already convinced it smells good!

I am intrigued! But 16 oz of a discoloring fragrance for hobby soaping is holding me back a little.

Those of you who have been blowing through it, can you share your experience? For example, it is a warm hue, chocolaty or what? Does it bleed into parts that don't contain it?

Not trying to steal the thread but if it's okay with Carolyn could people provide some artistic testimony in words and pics? I'm already convinced it smells good!
You do not have to get a full lb. Are you in the US? I am thinking you are. If so I could send a sample slice which has red, black and green so you can see and smell. It is lighter than a semi chocolate and a little darker than milk chocolate

I'm in for a pound. The Pure Fragrance DB that I tried out smells great and I don't mind the discoloration. It saves having to make a colored batch and just allowes me to let the FO mellow out to what it wants to be.

Thank you Carolyn, I will PM you. Yes I am in the US, and no longer in Alaska where ground shipping costs often prohibited me from trying all the sensational scents!

This was made on 1/9/17 with WSP DB and NS Copper Penny layers. The color in the pic is a really good match for the bar.

DSCN0286.jpg

Thanks Susie, I appreciate the glimpse. You're right, that is a good color combo. I get stuck sometimes with discoloring fragrances, and it's nice to see how pretty they can be!

I admit I did not get the copper color I was looking for, but I think once the bar finishes discoloring, it won't be too bad. I was hoping for that "brand new" copper penny color.

I'm in for a pound. The Pure Fragrance DB that I tried out smells great and I don't mind the discoloration. It saves having to make a colored batch and just allowes me to let the FO mellow out to what it wants to be.
Mine does not darken as much as the one from Pure Fragrance and is stronger

This was made on 1/9/17 with WSP DB and NS Copper Penny layers. The color in the pic is a really good match for the bar.
My DB is a little darker than Susie's pic

I certainly agree with Susie! You should make money on this. I am definitely in. Please plan on me for a pound.

Carolyn, are you willing to sell half pound? If so that is the way I would like to go for this round, if not I would still like to remain on the list for this upcoming batch please.

Back