Share your favourite recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love milk so here goes. Now I make in very small batches. Use coconut cream in place of your water. Then at trace add some cow cream. I just love the way all this cream adds silkiness and lather. Sometimes I throw in a little honey at trace too. Try it! I use lots of different oils. My recipe is 2 cups of oil. 4 ounces of lye 2 cups of liquid. I have used this formula to make all different types of soaps. This is perfect for folks that dont want to make a lifetime supply of soap in one sitting. Happy Soaping!

Black Soap Lady.....

Your soap sounds yummy!! It sounds as thought it would be a wonderful face soap. Does the lye not burn or discolor your coconut milk?? O-h-h-h tell me more!!!

janie

Hey thanks for the nice response! It is a great face soap. The trick to the coconut cream solution is to slowly pour and stir, stir, stir! It does thicken quite a bit. almost to the consistancy of thick curdled milk. Stir! Your compleated soap will have little chunks of coconut cream through out the whole bar. Let me know if you try this one. Thanks!

Black soap-n-candle

soooo....do you use coconut, olive, canola??? is the canned coconut milk in a "slushy" ice cold state when you put the lye in??

20-25% coconut oil, olive oil, rose hip seed oil, cocoa butter, mango butter, shea butter. I refrigerate the can of coconut cream before use. The cream thickens into sludge after contact with the lye. As you can see, I use a wide variety of oils. If you dont have some of these, try coconut and olive only. I love that simple combo as well. Almost pure castile. I hope this helps!

I love my "old faithful"

30% coconut
20% palm
50% olive pomace

I take a 5 % lye discount. I use this for my face and body. I have two little ones and this formula works for them too, this is what I call a great family type bar, as it works for everyone.

zee said:
I love my "old faithful"

30% coconut
20% palm
50% olive pomace

I take a 5 % lye discount. I use this for my face and body. I have two little ones and this formula works for them too, this is what I call a great family type bar, as it works for everyone.

How long does this take to cure? Is olive pomace the same as olive oil? Olive oil makes a bar really soft, right?

I just made this soap and it's a keeper!

Pumpkin Pie Soap

• 6 oz coconut oil
• 6 oz palm oil
• 6 oz olive oil
• 4 oz cocoa butter
• 3.1 oz lye
• 4.2 oz water
• 3 oz pureed pumpkin
• 1 ½ tbsp dried goats milk
• 1.5 oz Pumpkin Pie Fragrance Oil
• ½ tspn ground cloves
• 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar

I did hot process on this one. Nice soap, the pumpkin makes a perfect color. I added the brown sugar to the water mixture and dissolved before I added the lye. I did hot process, so blended everything in the crockpot. Gets to a heavy trace quickly after you add the pumpkin, goats milk, fragrance and cloves. It also cooked quickly in the crockpot (maybe 20 minutes), so keep your eye on it if you're doing hot process.

-Karen

Oats & Honey Soap Recipe

Oats & Honey Soap
4.5 ounces Coconut oil
2.5 ounces Palm oil
9 ounces Olive oil
2.3 ounces lye
6.4 ounces water
AT TRACE ADD
1 teaspoon almond oil
1/8 cup finely ground oatmeal
1 teaspoon warm honey

I make this in a blender. Comes out nice.

Steve
www.colebrothers.com/soap

Black soap n candle lady - question?

You listed your 2/4/2 recipe and I'm looking for just a basic recipe. You said you add coconut cream to this recipe. Is the coconut cream replacing the water in the recipe? 2 cups? Will other milks work for this recipe? Goat milk? If canned, do I need to thin it down.

Thanks for helping me. I am so new to this and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Jeanna

Black soap n candle lady said:
Hey thanks for the nice response! It is a great face soap. The trick to the coconut cream solution is to slowly pour and stir, stir, stir! It does thicken quite a bit. almost to the consistancy of thick curdled milk. Stir! Your compleated soap will have little chunks of coconut cream through out the whole bar. Let me know if you try this one. Thanks!
Hi im new and just made my first batch of goats milk soap and wana try yours how do i go so one cup of coconut cream so that would be the ones in the cans? and one cup of normal cows cream so 250ml is a cup put em together how much lye? and oils ? sorry never made a recipe before so not sure how to do it

hand soap recipe

Here is a recipe I use for my hand soaps...

28 oz. coconut oil
14 oz. palm oil
6 oz. cocoa butter
14 oz. corn oil
8 oz. extra virgin olive oil
4 oz. wheat germ oil
3 oz. avocado oil
3 oz. castor oil
with 3% superfat (11.75 oz. lye with 23 oz. distilled water)
and for my Cocoa Vanilla Coffee Hand Soap, I add
3 oz. brewed coffee
1/3 cup used coffee grounds
2 oz. undeodorized cocoa butter
1 1/2 oz. vanilla FO

:D
Oh, I sell this one at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=18743602

thanks!

another?

My favorite old recipe - standard for many years - is the plain old castile soap -

80 oz. extra virgin olive oil (organic if possible)
10 3/4 oz. lye
26 oz. distilled water

This works for all skins, but especially the sensitive, newborn, and allergic one. Good for laundry, too.

I have played a bit with this one. I have used evoo and grade A, and i've used evoo and pomace. But, the evoo 100% is just simply the BEST.

:wink:

Bastile

75% Olive Oil
25% Coconut Oil

Add 1 TBSP icing sugar PPO
Add pinch of tussah silk to lye water before lye is added .
16.36oz water
6.60oz lye

It takes awhile for this soap to set up but it is worth the wait.

Latest posts

Back