• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free lard and tallow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

Howdy, soapers! I am moving and cannot afford to ship 25 pounds each of lard and tallow; it's cheaper just to offload these tubs of fine fresh fats from Texas Natural Supplies. I'm in New Orleans and am very busy getting ready to move and rent out my house, so if you are in South Louisiana and soap with animal fats (I also have some goat's milk and glycerin mp blocks), and can come to my house to pick up, please let me know. I want my lovely white fats to find a good home. Thank you.

I'm so tempted to make a road trip! Would hate to see that much lard and tallow go to waste. Plus I'd love to meet you in person after enjoying your lovely soaps! Let me know if you don't find anyone local that's interested . . . I could pay you to ship them to me if that's an option.

I'd love to meet you too! I posted in a few Facebook forums but nothing for certain yet. We shall see. I'll be in touch. It's all pretty much brand new and you can't even tell an ounce is missing. It breaks my heart to see it go to waste.
A year ago, if you'd told me I'd be saying the lost of lots of pig and beef fat broke my heart, I would have laughed.

I'd love to meet you too! I posted in a few Facebook forums but nothing for certain yet. We shall see. I'll be in touch. It's all pretty much brand new and you can't even tell an ounce is missing. It breaks my heart to see it go to waste.
A year ago, if you'd told me I'd be saying the lost of lots of pig and beef fat broke my heart, I would have laughed.

Oh grumpy, if I had a way to you I would snatch it up lol. I'm in Houston so you're not close enough for a quick trip. Too bad tho post office did away with COD or I would said ship it cod for the cost of shipping :)

I'm so tempted to make a road trip! Would hate to see that much lard and tallow go to waste. Plus I'd love to meet you in person after enjoying your lovely soaps! Let me know if you don't find anyone local that's interested . . . I could pay you to ship them to me if that's an option.
Take a road trip!! :grin::mrgreen::razz: Can't pass up all the nice lard and tallow, but then I have no clue how many miles it would be for you

Sigh. It is with a heavy heart and an empty wallet that I pack up my 50 pounds each of lard and tallow (yeah, I underestimated) in boxes, back those boxes in other boxes, and ship them to be with me cozily at my new residence. Once I get them on their way, I will delete the thread. Thanks, everyone, for your interest.
It will be good to have my fatty babies with me again, though. Makes getting back on the horse so much easier. It is VERY hard to kick the soap addiction and I'm jonesing bad.

Latest posts

Back