How naughty I am, hehehe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't suppose you and daughter have thought about making wee (or not so wee) willie washers, perhaps? I have several friends who've inquired if I will make them something like that. :shh:

Oh, my, I'm laughing helplessly. There's at least one example on a "men who knit" website, and, yes, the "warmer" is being modeled by the gentleman knitter himself.

Good luck on your market, Carolyn! I hope the shoppers are in a buying mood today....

And, Susie, a wee (or not so wee) willie washer is a specialized soap intended for gents only. :oops:

Last edited:
The old line of , "no really, it's just cold in here", didn't pop up for no reason. haha.

You ladies are horrible. I can't believe these things..../makes note to bookmark the online store. :shh:

Oh, boy. I swear I do not collect this stuff or make it up!!! I really don't!

Some years ago, I bought a yearbook called By og Byd. The edition I purchased was for 1958-59 and was released by Norwegian museums of the times. A lot of really odd, eclectic stuff is in these books. I was researching Norwegian horse harness, learned there was a wonderful article about harness in this particular edition of By og Byd, and bought it off eBay.

Little did I know that I would also find this unusual tidbit:

Forhyse or Venakot:

"...a kind of underwear for men, hitherto unregistered in Scandinavia. The clothing of Norwegian men, working cold weather in forests, mountains, or at sea included a kind of suspensor to protect the [nether regions]. It was shaped like a little bag, made of wool, woven or knitted, with two strings to be strapped around the waist.... [and was] ...worn under ordinary trousers...

"...found among the gifts made by the peasant girl to be presented to the boy whom she kept company, or to whom she was engaged.... The making of the suspensor, the presenting of it, or the mere suggestion of making it as a gift, implied earnest and silent questions as to the relation between the young couple. ...the attitude of the maker of the gift, and of the receiver of it, could give decisive information as to the possible relation of the boy and the girl in important questions, otherwise not touched upon..."

Apparently some of these suspensors were plain and functional articles of clothing. Others were highly decorated and enhanced (pun intended) to the point that they most likely were never worn.

edit: Can you imagine the grannies and aunties gossiping?

Last edited:
You are a bunch of dirty, dirty birds!
But since we're on the subject here is a soap that happened quite by accident that's well suited for the well washed gentleman. To quote Macel Duchamp in reference to his piece The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even; "Created by me perfected by chance" (like how I culture the place up a bit when were talking about boners?).
IMG_1790.jpg

How did I miss this post....you all are too funny. I too would like to see pictures Carolyn....I have soap bags that my mom crochets for me but this is something new to me.

Back