liquids in fluid oz.?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsnbubbles

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie, i just made my second batch last night using the RTCP method. I loved it! The first batch I did about 2 mths. ago using CP and it turned out well. So hopefully this 2nd batch will turn out, I cut it and it seems a little sticky. I am so interested in trying Paul's aloe and GM but have a question. I have been using the water in fluid ounces (by measuring cup) and not weight. Am I right on that? If I am, would the aloe juice and the GM be fluid ounces also?
Thanks!

All measurements are usually done in weight ounces and not fluid ounces. That doesn't mean you won't have success with the fluid ounces, it just ups the chance of errors occuring. :D

Thanks! I got my recipe from millersoap.com and read on there somewhere that the water can be measured in a measuring cup. Maybe I just read it wrong.:)

Since you're a beginnier, I'd have to say: to ensure success, weigh in ounces, not fluid ounces always. You might get it right with a measuring cup, but why take chances with all those expensive oils, and your time and effort?

Do you have a scale?

Yes, I do. I got a digital food scale from Target. I measured everything except the water by weight. But will measure that too by weight next time. Thanks so much for your help!!

Back