Help with a fragrance oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
I have a FO that I got from WSP called White Christmas. It has an extremely strong pine scent. I made a sample batch hoping that the scent would mellow but the smell makes me want to mop the floors! I described the scent to my sister as pine sol on steroids! Does anyone have a suggestion as to what other fragrance I could blend this with to make it more bath bar friendly? Thanks!

It definitely sounds like a very woodsy scent. I would try adding a citrus fragrance and peppermint e.o. or f.o. You could also try adding an apple/cinnamon fragrance or a vanilla-based fragrance. I actually think there are a lot of things you could blend it with, you'll just have to experiment a bit!

I would place a q-tip soaked with the pine fragrance in a ziploc bag and then add a q-tip soaked in each of the other fragrances and leave a few combos in different ziploc bags for a few days to see which blends you like best.

Back