WSP price increases- wil you still shop with them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How does WSP's new fo price increase effect you?

• It doesn't, I never used them regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't, I stopped using them when they wrapped their shipping into their prices.

• I am looking for a new supplier for my fos.

• I love WSP and will continue to shop with them.

• Total voters
Genny said:
I think that if they would have just had priced their products without the "bucket pricing" and charged regular shipping, then they wouldn't have made so many people upset.
That could be very challenging and expensive to manage. They'd have to custom price everything in their system and then move the prices when their costs moved.

carebear said:
Genny said:
I think that if they would have just had priced their products without the "bucket pricing" and charged regular shipping, then they wouldn't have made so many people upset.
That could be very challenging and expensive to manage. They'd have to custom price everything in their system and then move the prices when their costs moved.

Which is what they are doing now. I find it amazing too that she asked what her customers thought about it 1 day & it was all changed over like magic the next. That was a lot of work to get all those numbers crunched & up on the website overnight- almost like magic :wink: .

Yeah... I'm done with them.. Thanks for the update.. I used to make $150ish orders and pay $12 shipping - that turned into just spending $20-30 here and there when I found a good deal on something or had a whim to try out something new.. now it's drops to $0.

Wow, I was looking at their oils.. jojoba is $26 for 16oz??? WOW! I looked back in my spreadsheet, and a year ago I purchased it for like $7! But looking through their oils alot of them have DRASTICALLY come down in price. Glycerin is under $2 for 16oz!!
I really like their customer service and everything, but will have to pick and choose what I order from them. I use quite a bit of jojoba, but at that price, I don't know if I can afford it! It is almost the same price as emu oil!!!
I will continue to use them, before every order I price compare to different companies, and alot of times WSP comes out the winner.

http://fb.me/L6JKFpbl

And now we know the rest of the story. It's mighty expensive to ship to Canada. Now we can subsidize the cost. Great for Canadians, probably makes little difference to those who use regular shipping, but amounts to a 25% increase to Ohio local soapers.

Your never going to convince me that this wasn't a planned out scheme.

Deda said:
http://fb.me/L6JKFpbl

And now we know the rest of the story. It's mighty expensive to ship to Canada. Now we can subsidize the cost. Great for Canadians, probably makes little difference to those who use regular shipping, but amounts to a 25% increase to Ohio local soapers.

Your never going to convince me that this wasn't a planned out scheme.
So they build their international business funded by their local customers. Won't say it's unethical, but IMO a very bad business decision. Which I will now go share on FB.

Icing on the cake or nail in the coffin? Comment on WSPs Facebook thread that you're unhappy about the changes/Tom-foolery.

UPDATE: Originalythey stated 200 fos would be going down in price (including most of her top sellers) and 250 would be going up in price.

When the smoke settled, only 83 went down- (scents no one was buying anyway for the most part) leaving approx 360 to go up.

Looking through my past orders...

Price up:
Coffee Mocha 8oz went from 18.00 to 19.81
Country Apple 2oz went from 6.50 to 8.09
Crazy Caramel Corn 8oz went from 14.00 to 14.84
Lavender 30/32 EO 2oz went from 12.25 to 19.23 :shock:
Reed Stick Diffuser Base 16oz went from 8.75 to 11.55
Sea Clay 1lb went from 11.95 to 13.12

Price down:
Cocoa Butter Natural 1lb went from 11.50 to 9.82
Shea Butter Natural 1lb went from 10.75 to 8.31
Twilight Woods FO 2oz went from 6.50 to 6.36
Glycerin 16oz went from 6.75 to 1.96 :?
White Kaolin Clay 1lb went from 4.75 to 2.72
Bentonite Clay 1lb went from 6.00 to 2.02
Stearic Acid 1lb went from 5.75 to 3.52
Kept Powder 1lb went from 8.95 to 6.78
Orange Cranberry FO 2oz went from 6.25 to 3.71

Time to shop around. Sigh. I'm not wasting my time doing that stupid price match form. All companies that do those know that it's just a way to suck people in and the majority never use the forms.

Lowering prices on a few butters, oils & powders is just a distraction IMHO. They too will go up, when you least expect it & most need it. It seems to be the trend over there.

Saving $1.37 on sea-clay does not make up for charging $15.00 more on my fav fo.

I for 1 am not falling for it.

I imaginge this little stunt will put them out of businesss unless they have a change of heart when it hits them in the pocketbook.

Maybe I should send Debbie a thank you letter.

I decided to look around & see if I could source my containers elsewhere.

I now get my 4oz jars $10.00 cheaper per 100 shopping at www.containerandpackaging.com .

I am now also saving $10.00 per 100 clam shell molds with lids by purchasing them at Brambleberry.

I ordered clamshell molds this morning from Brambleberry, the price was fantastic and the shipping more than fair.

I'm a happy camper. I've got a feeling I'll probably be buying a lot of stuff from BB in the future.

I ran some numbers over the weekend I found that I'd spent almost 6000 in the last 3 years at WSP, and I don't even buy oils from them. Mostly FO's and a few odds and ends. I wonder if they realize how much business they've lost?

I

I still shop at WSP, I have to watch the prices and put back FO's that are too pricey, though, as long as it's over 30$ I find the prices of what I do buy a decent deal since they are 2-ounce jars. I'll continue buying from them for now. I do try to keep in mind that shipping is added to the price so that helps me to think that it's cheaper and not get overwhelmed with the prices.

Low minimum order quantity. I'm still going to order things that are, but I will not be able to do it often.

spammy link deleted - the mod team

Latest posts

Back