WSP price increases- wil you still shop with them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How does WSP's new fo price increase effect you?

• It doesn't, I never used them regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't, I stopped using them when they wrapped their shipping into their prices.

• I am looking for a new supplier for my fos.

• I love WSP and will continue to shop with them.

• Total voters

Tabitha

Reaction score
WSP 'changed' their prices yesterday. According to their facebook page 1/2 of their fragrances were goping down (some as low as $10.00 per pound) and 1/2 were going up (as high as $60.00+ per pound).

I went in & looked at the 11 I get from them & they all 11 went up.

Did yours go up or down?

Since WSP builds their shipping into their prices at 25%, does that mean it costs $2.50 to ship 1# of lime, but $15.00 to ship 1# of angel?

Honestly, I love the customer service and fast shipping I've always had at WSP, but over the past 6 months I've been slowly working my way away from them for most of the things I need.

I've only ordered from them 3 times. I want to pick up a couple more of the green loaf pans...and I love the Coconut Lime Verbena(it went up)...

Sadly, I think EVERYTHING will be going up soon!

While I understand the price increase and I think it's fair to charge based on the cost I really don't like the shipping.

How can it be touted as free when you receive a 25% discount if you don't ship but just pick it up?

Thankfully, I only use 2 FOs from WSP, neither of which went up by more than a dollar or two.

FWIW, I find their prices on packaging to be very good.

In their defense, Agilex/IFT has raised (or is raising) their prices by about 10% - and many of our suppliers are getting their FOs from them. It's reasonable for WSP to pass along the increase.

As for the poll, the closest answer for me would be "It doesn't; I stopped using them when they wrapped their shipping into their prices." but it's not just about their "free shipping" - it's about their inconsistent pricing and policies.

There are a few things I was getting from them anyway - but I think that's about over.

Angel went from 30 something to over $60.00. That is WAY more than 10%.

We all have price increases from time to time but to double a price is outrageous.

And the other shoe drops.

Minimum orders just increased to $30 and the pickup discount is no more.

Que Sera, Sera.

SKS still offers free shipping on orders over $250.

It seems that many "designer dupes" have gone up dramatically.

At a quick glance, many oils I purchased earlier this month are priced ~$3 cheaper at the same volume now. At the time I ordered, I was surprised at the price increase. WSP price changes are driving me nuts lol

I also feel that WSP is now really taking away the ability/ease for soapers to try new fragrances oil - some 2 oz FOs are upwards of $8! Plus a $30 minimum? ..... *sigh*

Maybe they are targeting soapers who order more volume.

I did my taxes in the last week, I was surprised to see it on paper, but FO's for me mostly come from Sweet Cakes (expensive, but fantastic) and Natures Garden.

I'm not saying that WSP is being deceitful, but all the policy changes don't make for warm fuzzies. Now what I mean?

And I still don't get the no break on the pick ups. Wasn't it just a few months ago that we were told how fabulous that WSP had worked a deal with UPS and was going to offer us such a fabo deal? What happened to that?

I don't buy FO's from them, only oils/butters and molds, but by now I have all molds I will ever need (I hope) and for oils/butters - I will only buy shea from them.

One more think I don't like about them is that you cannot use your points if your purchase is less then $100. This sucks! I have like 500 points and can't use them becasue I never buy over $50.

i hate the minimum order going up :evil: it was one of the main reasons i bought from them, the low minimum order amount. i will still order the stuff that i have to, but i wont be able to do it as often.
i understand the price increases for the things that have been increased on them, but i just dont get the minimum order increase.

I feel like it would be better if they got rid of their deceptive "free shipping."

"Free" shipping + price increase + minimum order = simply too much

carebear said:
...I stopped using them when they wrapped their shipping into their prices." but it's not just about their "free shipping" - it's about their inconsistent pricing and policies.

Ditto that! When I first began this hobby, WSP was the first supplier I purchased from and consistently made additional purchases until everything I was buying began inching it's price up everytime I looked at their website.

I keep a spreadsheet with all suppliers I regularly purchase from and items listed that I regularly purchase and WSP's constant deviation of prices was totally wrecking havoc on my spreadsheet. :shock: I could not keep it updated; would modify the thing and reprint it & the next time I went to their website there was another price increase. I got so frustrated with this process that I just completely eliminated them from my spreadsheet and quit purchasing from them. Period!

I rec'd the email about their price reduction and checked it out again and may purchase from them again. Since I purchase a lot of carrier/luxury oils in 16 oz quantities, they now have some very competitive prices. (Apricot was $8.00 and is now $4.46....big savings; especially with free shipping). I hope this is not just a marketing ploy to lure buyers back in and quickly increase prices again. If it is, there are other suppliers that will have my business.

The facebook thread about this price change says it was done to "decrease your product costs". Is ANYONE feeling our product costs have been decreased? Not I.

Deda said:
I'm not saying that WSP is being deceitful, but all the policy changes don't make for warm fuzzies. Now what I mean?

I will say they are being deceitful. I do not agree with their use of the term "free shipping". It is shipping included. I know...beating a dead horse. But this is why I stopped using them.

I admit that when I was a newbie and just starting out, I got sucked in to WSP by the really cheap shipping they had at the time (I think it was $5 or something).
But now I'm honestly just tired of the constant changes being made to pricing and policies.
I think that if they would have just had priced their products without the "bucket pricing" and charged regular shipping, then they wouldn't have made so many people upset.

I don't have a problem with bucket pricing.

We all do it on one level or another

I sell lotion in 16 fragrances, all for $11.50 per 8oz bottle. I don't charge $12.75 for rose, $12.45 for sandalwood, $10.19 for orange, etc. I bucket price. I sell them all for $11.50. We all do!

Latest posts

Back