Ordering Fragrance oils from USA to Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
Hello! just a stupid question.... Did anyone ever ordered Fragrance oils from USA to be shipped to Australia? I would like to order some from naturesgardencandles.com , but worried about the border security;-) and shipping costs. Also, how long would it take to arive. Did anyone ordered from this website and what was your experience. Thank you

I have thought about it, but decided that shipping would be a hassle, as well as expensive. I ordered 3 books last week & the shipping was $44US. Also, if you are selling your soap, I believe that you'll need to make sure that the fragrances have been assessed by NICNAS if you are importing them yourself, tho you may want to double check if I'm right about that. I may have misunderstood, but that's the impression that I got.

Try http://www.bigtreesupplies.com.au - she imports a huge range of fragrances from various companies, and may just have the one you're looking for.

Just had another though Lyn who posts here regularly buys from the States if she reads this you will have an answer straightaway.

Thank you, I will check the bigtreesupplies out, looks like she has a good choice there.

Hi Kathy I am a fragrance junkie and buy from several suppliers in the USA..............Yes you need to register with NICNAS, many think that registration is just if selling but anyone buying fragrance outside of Australia needs this registration. I am not sure about having the fragrances tested I am hoping they will do more info blasts like they did last year. I would love to soap ect as a small buisness but it is getting more and more impossible............just the NICNAS fees and Insurance make it unlikely. If I need to have fragrance tested then I will only use the oils I buy in for personal use. If purchasing from the USA you need to source suppliers who will post via USPS NOT UPS as there is a huge difference in postal rates. I just had an order sent from Natures Garden and they were great to purchase from......You have no worries buying from them. Postage on average is around 45.00 US. Stacy from Daystar is fab and will will put 3 1lb bottles into a letter rate box so the postage is a mere 12.00. A bit of a ramble but I hope it helps you out, I guess the advantage of buying from the USA is you have an enormous amount of fragrances to select from :D I have been purchasing from US for ten years or more and still have a TON I want to try.

Thank you very much Lyn! Your information was very helpful. My supply of oils at home is not that big yet... of course its growing slowly but ... :oops: I will try some more from Australia like bigtreesupplies.
It was interesting to read that everyone who orders from oversees needs to register with NICNAS. I dont think I need this headache right now :)
But yes, USA has soooo much more choice in Fragrances.

Latest posts

Back