looking for bath bomb tutorial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaissancemom

Reaction score
i am looking for a previous post on making bath bombs that included a link to a website that showed a tutorial on making bath bombs. i am not interested in the tutorial from coastal scents. does anyone know where this thread is or what website has a good tutorial for a basic bath bomb, not including youtube. thanks!

That's a youtube video, which you said you did not want. That is probably why no one posted it for you.

I was looking for a link for a specific tutorial that I found on this forum; I didn't know it was from youtube, which is why I said I saw it in a thread somewhere here. I knew I could always do a youtube search on my own, which I have done, but this particular video was the one I was trying to find.

P.S. I also said I didn't want coastal scents but somebody posted that anyway.

I am always very grateful for the help I receive on this forum!!! Everyone is always willing to volunteer there experience and help when they can; and I really appreciate that.

I just made some ROCK HARD bath bombs. too bad I used a rigid mold...

I made a tiny batch - only 4 bombs. 3 came out.

I shamelessly :oops: (ok, some shame) stole the following tho revised slightly:
(oh, i do NOT recommend measuring by volume, but for some reason bath bomb recipes are always this way - go figure. at some point I'll convert)

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup citric acid
1 tablespoon palm oil
1 tablespoon coconut 76 oil
1/2 tablespoon crisco
1 teaspoon water
colorant as needed/desired (I used LaBomb colorant)
1 tablespoon fo (or eo as desire) THIS WAS WAY TOO MUCH FOR THE FO I USED. IF YOU USE LESS, I RECOMMEND SOME FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE, OR MAYBE SOME POLY 60 OR 80

1.) Sift baking soda and corn starch together. I actually put them in my Magic Bullet and beat it all up really well.
2.) Melt the butters a bit in the microwave but don't get too hot. Stir until everything is well melted and incorporated.
3.) Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture into a smaller bowl. Make an indention on the middle of the mixture and pour the melted oils, colorant, and fragrance oil in that "pocket"
4.) Mix well and incorporate it back into the rest of the remaining batch. It's like creaming butter into sugar.
5.) Add 1 teaspoon of water and mix, mix, mix VERY well.
6.) Add the citric acid while stirring really really fast so it doesn't fizz up.
7.) Pack tightly in your molds. Let it sit for several minutes before you try to unmold it.

These bombs are HARD and did not crack. They have a perfectly smooth texture, aren't crumbly, and I dropped one on the floor and it didn't break. I've made 2 batches this way so far and every single bath bomb in both batches have turned out PERFECTLY.

Back