scraps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotteda

Reaction score
What do you guys do with the soap scraps that you trim off bars ? I hate to throw it away but it will be a mix of different CP recipes.

charlotte

I save and grate all my soap bits and scraps and melt them down to make recycled soap. Sometimes I add ground oatmeal to make an exfoliating soap for my son-in-law.

I cut them up in even squares and store scents that fit together. When I'm making a new batch I make a little more then I need; throw the squares in a mold en fill it up with the fresh soap.
At this point I don't have enough scraps & failures to rebatch...

:?: Are you saying that you add finished soap scraps to the mold when you are making another batch and then add the fresh soap mixture to the scraps ? They melt and mesh together ?

charlotte

If they are soft enough I just squish togther to make soap balls for my own use, I hardley ever have a lovely square shaped bar in the house! But then I don't sell, If I did I would probably do as above.

That's a really good question... I have all sorts of scraps right now, knowing I will find a use for them eventually, but still haven't decided what.

Mine make laundry soap for my own use and occasionally I'll throw the colored ones in a white batch for confetti soap right at the end just before molding. Makes for some interesting soaps.

Honor take soap grate add a little baking powder and borax use dry as powder or add to hot water and makes a sort of gell. If liquid wait 24hrs to use.

lsg said:
You surely meant baking soda, not baking powder.
NO I meant baking powder also known as washing soda or 100% sodium carbonate if finding it in pool supply section.

I havent done any rebatching or anything other than regular CP. Are you saying I could melt these scraps and pour them into a milky way mold ?

charlotte

Back