My reason for soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I am brand new, I don't expect anyone to remember me. My reason for soaping is for me, and me ONLY. I am a breast cancer warrior and have spent the last year cleaning up my life. I am also a teacher. I understand that I am in the midst of people who have been doing this for YEARS and many who are 'in the business '. My,passions are learning, researching, teaching and healthy living. You will see/hear me discussing possible unconventional methods and experimental methods. It's not to challenge your YEARS of experience, it's my own journey of learning and love of experimentation! I hope to continue to get responses to my questions, but I also hope for open mindedness as I'm on to my latest new (likely not) idea. I hear a LOT of perceived absolutes, please be patient with me as I try new things!
Laura

As I am brand new, I don't expect anyone to remember me. My reason for soaping is for me, and me ONLY. I hear a LOT of perceived absolutes, please be patient with me as I try new things!
Laura

Hi Laura,
I'm all for experimenting especially if it is in answer to:
"Will 0%, 10%, 20% or 30% CO suit my skin?"

But people on the forum can save you a hell of a lot of time, money, anguish and effort when it comes to questions like:
"will beetroot colour my soap red?"

Some things in soap are absolute. A lot of others are personal preference. When someone has spent ages going down a rabbit hole and you come in with a question relating to that rabbit hole they will tell you exactly what they think in an effort to save you time and money and anguish. Don't deny us that!

You will just have to sift through the answers and believe that everyone is here to help each other.

I learn best from experience & seeing things for myself, so I totally understand where you are coming from. I have made some soaps that would be advised against on the forum, but I researched the possible outcomes in advance- I knew there was a likelihood the soap may not work out as planned and I accepted those risks.
There is a wealth of information here, and everyone here is wonderful. It amazes me how quickly the members will get together to troubleshoot a problem & encourage others in their their process.
So, if you have to "see it to believe it," go for it. But, try to understand that many here have experienced their own failures and have spent a lot of time & energy gaining the knowledge they share here. Research! Experiment! Have Fun! ... but don't ask the members to "fix" a problem if they advised it probably wouldn't work in the first place. :)

Back