Coffee fragrance in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a coffee shower gel from Yves Rocher for my sister (as a part of a christmas gift). I have been stealing that shower gel, because it smells fantastic!

I originally thought that a coffee soap would not be something special. Good to drink and smells great, but not something for a soap. I bought it just because it was fairly cheap and I had to have something extra in the gift for her. But now I know better, coffee in soaps is fabulous! Absolutely fabulous!

So I have decided to make a coffee soap. The first one will be a pine tar soap, with a special pine tar traditionally handmade in my local area, that I have managed to find. The pine tar scent is very strong and overpowering. I like it, though. But I think I will twist it a little bit. Add some more dimensions to it. So I will add a little bit of coffee and vanilla fragrance oils. Maybe something more, I don't know. Or maybe just coffee and tar, and not any vanilla? Black coffee and tar, with no sugar and no vanilla. Yes, it must be like that. Rough and wild, coffee brewed over a bonfire just outside a pine tar-treated log cabin. I just have to buy the coffee fragrance oil first.

I think you should make your coffee soap. If some find it hard to sell, maybe you are more lucky than they are? Maybe your coffee soap will be legendary and everybody wants it? You don't know before you have tried. You can always use it yourself if it doesn't sell. And give it away for christmas gifts. So it will not be wasted anyway.

I think you should make your coffee soap. If some find it hard to sell, maybe you are more lucky than they are? Maybe your coffee soap will be legendary and everybody wants it? You don't know before you have tried. You can always use it yourself if it doesn't sell. And give it away for christmas gifts. So it will not be wasted anyway.

That is a fantastic idea; your description is so good that you now have me tempted to try it!
I don't sell mine anyway, so nobody will look a gift horse in the mouth. :smile: Besides, I think people can judge the soap more objectively if it's given gratis. If they pay for it, there's a tendency to judge whether the soap was good at that price.
Are you planning to use only fragrance oil, or also coffee decoction in the lye? And do you plan to use coffee grounds?
I am anyway planning to add cocoa powder (or chocolate itself) to my next batch, so maybe I'll try mocha!

Last edited:
Back