essential oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello,
new soaper here! shopping for essential oil. still unsure of myself and trying to start practical but dont want a dud :).
was wanting some cedarwood for a cedarwood tea tree mix. this one on amazon seems good price, but few reviews, has anyone tried the Sun Organic brand?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R8GX6VE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

thank you in advance for your advice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy and welcome!

I would recommend buying from a soaping supply store as the quality is typically better/more consistent and the cost is less. There are lots of stores. I have bought EOs from: Nature's Garden, Wholesale Supplies Plus, Brambleberry, and Mad Oils. I've heard good things about New Directions, Campden Grey, Majestic Mountain Sage and Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals. I'm sure there are other suppliers folks like better out there. I just have those on my list...

Thank you snappyllama! I will go check these out. Im just on my first few batches, I love this forum,have been reading for weeks, so much member support and great info here.Not to mention,books,videos, any info that I can find for weeks, LOL. No local soapers to talk to close to me that I can find. I am already so addicted to this soap making!! Love Love It!!

I like Camden Grey, Eden Botanicals, Nature's Garden and Save On Scents for variety and reasonable prices.

I use Camden Grey and New Directions Aromatics for my EOs. CG is my usual supplier unless I need a large amount because of the smaller minimum order requirement.

Hi Soapers I want to ask if anyone have opinion about young living ( YL ) essential oil? As they claim that their EO has a high quality?

I love Liberty Naturals Cedar Leaf Western Red Canada but it is a bit pricey. I also like their Cedarwood Virginia
Young Living is a joke and in big trouble with FDA for their claims along with Doterra. They are also a rip off with their prices

I agree about YL and Doterra. Even if their EOs were better than what I can get from reputable suppliers (they aren't) and a fraction of the cost (they are insanely over-priced), those companies will never get a dollar of mine. Their practice of allowing their representatives to make wildly unsubstantiated claims that endanger people is repugnant.

That's what I think about them their frankincense cost £45 here in UK meanwhile I can get them £6 in new directions aromatics

I know this is an old post but it references Cedarwood essential oil and cmzaha mentioned loving Liberty Naturals Western Red Cedarwood. I too love this scent and want to use it in my cold process soap but Im unsure about its safety. Does anyone know? I know it has some warnings but maybe its ok to use in soap?

Thank you!

Back