Weight

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Howdy!
This is the fragrance calc I use cause I can't tell what is too much by smell:
http://www.thesage.com/calcs/fragcalc.html I'm sure there are others out there, but after a hard drive crash, this is the one I remembered and went to using.

What was the weight of your oils/fats? I make 4 lbs (8.8K) and that uses a bit over 1.5 tablespoon for a strong scent. If your weights are higher, there wouldn't be as much smell. Watching the tutorial that someone posted in the forum about oven HP, she added it just before she baked it and exclaimed at how lovely it smelled after it was done. I'm going to try hers today as I need some other fragrances fast. The others that I looked at added theirs after baking, just before pouring in the molds. I'm going to try both ways to see which keeps the fragrance better.
IDLaura

were you responding to someone's post?

anyway ...

wow - they actually incorporated the specific gravity of FOs/EOs into their calculations.

i still, though, suggest using weight for measuring all components - even FO and EO - as it's the most precise way (measuring spoons are not necessarily accurate, nor are the way they are used necessarily consistent)

plus FOs from other suppliers may not line up!

Latest posts

Back