Drying temps??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashdigger

Reaction score
Starting to run out of drying space in the house and I was wondering what would be too cold to air dry my soaps.. My garage usually stays around 40F in the winter and obviously hotter (100F) in the summer. Will it hurt to air dry my soaps in the garage in the winter? Anyone store it like this? I couldn't find any threads on the forum on this, just don't want to ruin my soaps
Thank you!

I wouldn't cure it in too hot of an area. Your soap may be more prone to DOS (rancidity). Cooler would only take longer to cure but I wouldn't let it get too cold. I left a container with 5 soaps in my van for the past two weeks and we've been below zero many days and when I brought it in it was sweating like crazy. I don't like extra moisture on my soaps. Cool and dry though would be fine.

I kinda knew that but wanted to make sure, I guess my wife will with have to sacrifice a little more space and let me build a new storage rack...
Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back