Labeling Sodium Lactate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I am using sodium lactate in my recipe. How should I include this ingredient on the label where customers won't be concerned about it's use.

You have to list it.
If people don't like it they won't buy your soap.
If they are not concerned by it they will buy your soap.

In the United States, you actually do not have to list it. Unless the soap makes a cosmetic claim, it is just soap and requires no ingredient listing. As a personal preference, I list all of my soap ingredients, by inci, on my packages. I know I don't have to, but I do anyhow because I want my customers to have the benefit of full disclosure of all of the ingredients.

In the United States, you actually do not have to list it. Unless the soap makes a cosmetic claim, it is just soap and requires no ingredient listing. As a personal preference, I list all of my soap ingredients, by inci, on my packages. I know I don't have to, but I do anyhow because I want my customers to have the benefit of full disclosure of all of the ingredients.

Yes I wasn't actually speaking legally.
I should have said you should list your ingredients.
I won't buy soap that doesn't list the ingredients.
I went around the US and found hundreds of handmade soaps and didn't end up buying one because they either didn't list ingredients or used ingredients I won't use.

Back