Recommended Neem Oil Supplier?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet_21

Reaction score
I want to use neem oil in a soap for acne, and I’ve seen that a lot of people have good things to say about it. I’m curious if it will work for me too. So, where do you guys buy your neem oil? Soaper’s Choice has a really great deal, but it is for 7 lbs of oil, and I don’t want to buy that much until I am confident that I like neem soap (especially since I’ve heard it stinks!!).

I’ve also been toying with the idea of using neem oil in a salt bar as salt bars have a fantastic reputation on the forum for clearing skin. Has anyone tried this combination? Thank you for the help! This forum is a treasure trove for a newbie like me! :grin:

Yes, I use neem in my kelpie bar and a couple others with salt. I also use it in a pine tar soap. I purchase mine from Soaper's Choice. If you do not like it you can always use it in your garden for pest control. If you have any local Hydroponic supply stores you should be able to buy smaller quantities of neem although I am not sure it will be much cheaper.

Hello! I've used in pine tar soap and in the process of making a pet soap bar with with Neem Oil. I was like you when I first started using it. I was new to it and didn't want to purchase a lot and end up wasting it. I purchased mine from WSP they have smaller purchasing options and Bulk Apothcary and Amazon carriy it as well. It does have a garlic smell. It can be a tad tricky to cover. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you all for your responses! Hopefully I can stand the garlic smell... :D

I do not find it garliky, it is just it own fragrance and it is really impossible to cover up, I find it much better to work with the built in fragrance. Neem smell will mellow out with cure time to a earthy smell and Tea tree, lemongrass, rosemary, and lavender mix well with neem. I happen to use a lot of neem oil myself. I forgot to mention, Neem oil accelerates trace quite quickly depending on your percentage. Also, neem does not mellow out nicely in liquid soap so if you make LS with it go will 10% or less neem oil. Probably less to be safe

It's good to know that the smell mellows out with cure time... I was planning on using tea tree and lemongrass so I will definitely use them now. Thank you for the heads up on the acceleration!

Latest posts

Back