Fragrance Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Where does everyone buy their FO's from? I've purchased from BB in the past but their shipping is so expensive (9.00 for one bottle and it just gets more expensive with each bottle you add) I really only want one bottle, but would purchase several if I could get free shipping. Of course I also would like the best quality....I don't want much do I? LOL Thanks for your help!

Thank you! some of the FO's I'm looking at are for candles, can they also be used in soap? Sometimes the websites are clear as mud.....

Thank you! some of the FO's I'm looking at are for candles, can they also be used in soap? Sometimes the websites are clear as mud.....

If it doesn't state bath and body safe then I wouldn't use it. More reputable companies will list this. Also, check out the fragrance reviews on the forum. Many companies and FO's are listed with soapers experiences with them.

Any idea how to refine a search to be able to read those posts? I seem to get a giant list of posts and wading through them to get information is tedious. Appreciate your help

Go under the fragrance oil section of the forum and you will find it a couple posts from the top. There's a review section and fragrance oil finder.

If you click on the "Fragrances" subforum you will notice a the Fragrance Review Chart as one of the stickied posts. That links to a Google doc that anyone can access.

If a fragrance doesn't SPECIFICALLY SAY bath and body, assume it's not safe for that.

I don't care for the SMF search function. I use google. So, if I want to read reviews (for example) for Brambleberry's Black Raspberry Vanilla, I will Google "soap making forum" AND Brambleberry AND "black raspberry vanilla". If you want to find reviews on black raspberry vanilla FOs in general, you could google "Soap making forum" AND "black raspberry vanilla." Also, try using the BRV abbreviation.

We also use abbreviations for venders - Brambleberry is BB, Wholesale Supplies Plus is WSP, etc.

The Beginners Soap Making Forum has a sticky of abbreviations and also one about searching SMF like a pro.

Or, you could just ask. We love love LOVE talking about FOs. for example, if I am ordering from a vendor I've never used before, I will start a thread and ask for recs for people's fav FOs from that vendor.

I know with BB the shipping gets more reasonable if you order more. I have used WSP which has free shipping if you order $40 or more so if you have a bigger order it is handy

For my wax melts, I use vacandlesupply.com. They have a section just for skin safe FOs, then the section for wax. I don't recall ever paying shipping...most of the time it's free, and they always send a coupon of some sort for your next purchase.
I also use WSP often, and Nurture occasionally.

Thank you! So much good information from everyone. I struggle with the SMF search, it just doesn't work for me at all, so the google idea is a great one.

Mad Oils has some very nice FO's - I think I have them all now. If you have a question please ask

Thank you! I ordered from Rustic Escentuals today, unfortunately I paid shipping :( Wish I'd have seen some of these posts before I ordered.

Back