Facebook is the devil. Skynet/Genysis is going to win. (Not spam)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizard1232

Reaction score
Do people even really know what homesteading means these days?

So I just caught up in a debate in one of my homesteading groups. Anyone want to wager a guess what it was about? It was (and is still going on) a huge debate about how people shouldn't slaughter their chickens. I wish I was joking. It is off the chain. I can't believe how people could be in a homesteading group and be offended by the slaughter of chickens for sustenance. It makes me understand why the government feels the need to stick their fingers into the business of people trying to live as off the grid as possible.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd eat one of my ducks until I had 80. Yea...roasted duck here we come! But seriously, when you have 1 or 2 they are pets. When you have a few dozen then the mouth waters. And anyone debating eating something hasn't really been hungry. Let's face it, you get hungry enough the family dog might start looking good (except mine...too stringy!)... Sheesh, that's a heck of a group to have THAT debate in.

I have a friend that eats bacon, pork chops, steak, hamburger ... you get the idea. This person is also really into the "green" movement; recycling, solar panels, the whole works. BUT, I'm "gross" because I use lard in soap. smh

Im a country girl. I hunt, I fish, I grow my own veggies. I slaughter and clean and eat what I kill or catch. If I had the room, I'd raise my own livestock and for the sole purpose of getting meat and milks and whatever I could make from the skins..and of course use the fat ;) I was raised like that, because life was hard..we didn't go without food on the table of some sort tho..you ate what was put before you and you were thankful the Lord provided it.

I dont understand some people...~smh~

Latest posts

Back