Meet my puppy - and show me your pets!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Sophie Grace, my bestest Girlfriend! She was 9 mo. old in this photo but she still looks the same at 8 yo. She's with me 24/7...Oh, the things she could tell!

6-26-9mo.jpg

We also have Chico, he's his Daddy's boy! He's 10yo now
Chico-and-Dad2.jpg

And then there's Gringo, the typical ratty little brother! I don't have a photo of him by himself but this one is very typical of him!
2011-10-03143326.jpg

I have been really bad at taking pics of my babes, I will post when I get digital copies from my friend who comes over a lot and is better. For now, I have two wonderful rescues, Freddie is a 30-ish lb Spaniel mix and Patsy is a 6 lb terrier-chewie-maltie-kittie-lemur-flying squirrel mix. She adores her big brother with all her heart, unfortunately it often evidences as chewing his ears/leg/tail with great gusto. Luckily, Fred is a saint.

Last edited:
StacySpy, those goats are giving me happiness tingles!

KristaMarie, those forehead wrinkles! I would be forever scratching them.

not_ally, mouth kisses are cool over here too, but my real guilty pleasure is smelling my dog's paws. *full weirdo alert* they smell like corn chips.

Here's Greta; we took her in at about 9 months old and she's now almost 8 years! Her favorite activity is barking until you get off the couch to see if her water bowl is empty, and then stealing your warm spot.

ETA: please ignore the mouth foam and tongue dirt; she's not rabid I swear! We were playing frisbee with my parent's lab Babe :)

agzio4
DSC_2136 by Jillian, on Flickr
http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
I love kissing their paws too, corny smell and all! What a great, sweet smile. No guile with dogs, the wonderful what you see is the wonderful what you get.

ETA: I wish you could/would take pics of my dogs, that is a great photo. You must have some good skills there!

Last edited:
Thanks! They're near and dear to my heart... They're Nigerian Dwarf goats, and full grown are less than 24" tall... they have HUGE personalities though :)

OH my gosh, Stacyspy! Those baby goats are tugging at my heart strings!

My best friend, back in England, lives on a little farm and they have baby goats with the little toggle-y bits under their chins (I can't remember the name!) and they're just the cutest little things. I'm actually about to start working on the dairy farm that my boyfriend manages, and although the calves are kinda cute, they really do pale in comparison to baby goats!

Aww Greta is such a pretty pibble! I used to have a brindle pit and she would make the same happy smile.

OMG, I love all of your furry buddies! In general, I like most animals better than I like most people. I've always had pets, currently two cats. Sweet Mimi, found in a parking lot. We don't know exactly how old she is, but at least 14, and recently diagnosed with hyperthyroid, heart murmur, not many teeth left, but doing well on her new medication. She is the sweetest cat I've ever owned. I'm not sure that I believe in reincarnation, but sometimes she stares into my eyes.....really stares hard, and I've found myself asking, "Who are you?" She gives me the feeling that I've known her before.

Then there's Chubasco, Basco for short. I adopted him from the Humane Society because I didn't want Mimi to be lonely when I went to work. Ha! They can't stand each other. After 10 plus years, and they still drive each other crazy. Oh well. Basco has a lot of issues. He's had food issues ever since I got him at 6 months. He's also weird in a lot of other ways. He's terrified of everyone but me and my best friend. Most of my friends have never seen him because he hides until they leave. But with me, he is sweet, affectionate and cuddly. For years, I didn't think could purr, until one day, I had my finger on his throat while he was on my lap, and I felt it....a silent purr!

So here they are, Mimi looking soulful, and Basco, trying to look fierce, not easy to do when you have a pink nose in the middle of your face.

soulful.jpg

fierce.jpg

Latest posts

Back