You know your house is hot...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes and the roosters and centipedes apply here too... Was bitten in my neck by a centipede a few nights ago... Was a very small one though

Tin roofs are hot (I had one when I lived in Austin, Tx, and it would get over 100 on some summer days) but so beautiful! I miss them. I used to live in Mexico on and off, I miss an awful lot about that, but have to say I *don't* miss the occasional centipedes and scorpions.

Oh yes and the roosters and centipedes apply here too... Was bitten in my neck by a centipede a few nights ago... Was a very small one though

I heard that the smaller ones have nastier bites (or maybe that is just a (non) urban myth).

There's a joke here that if you see a centipede in your house and you don't catch it you have to move out ;)

Aline, you win. Hawaii sucks. You had me at centipedes. (Can you get some insulation blown into the attic below the tin?)

I'm just a renter and my landlord is definitely not going to do that :( (he and his wife just had twins and they did finally replace the broken dryer but I know they are tight!).

Tin roofs are hot (I had one when I lived in Austin, Tx, and it would get over 100 on some summer days) but so beautiful! I miss them. I used to live in Mexico on and off, I miss an awful lot about that, but have to say I *don't* miss the occasional centipedes and scorpions.

I used to live in Kihei where the houses are newer and it's 10 degrees hotter so I had never come across tin roofs. But Makawao is a poorer area and there are an awful lot of tin roofs here...

I heard that the smaller ones have nastier bites (or maybe that is just a (non) urban myth).

There's a joke here that if you see a centipede in your house and you don't catch it you have to move out ;)

I've heard that too but I didn't have time for that. I wanted to sleep so I prayed that pain away and went back to bed. It was gone when I got up lol!

I know more than a few people who go by that 'move out' rule lol

Back