You know you're a crazy soap person when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG YES! My girlfriend who TAUGHT me how to make soap used up all mine I gave her at Christmas and then proceeded to go to Lush instead of making more or asking me for some more! What is that all about?!

I have a very good friend (best friend, really) who won't use my soap. She will buy Irish spring and bath and body works but won't use my soap. Not going to lie. It bothers me alot. :( And she talks about the other bath products she buys. Excitedly...

I have a very good friend (best friend, really) who won't use my soap. She will buy Irish spring and bath and body works but won't use my soap. Not going to lie. It bothers me alot. :( And she talks about the other bath products she buys. Excitedly...

I don't know if I could call that person a friend. Maybe acquaintance is a better word.

ETA: Have you asked her why she won't use your soap?

Last edited:

Sounds like you have a friend that is a little jealous that you have a skill that she would like to have. She's definitely being passive-aggressive about it.

Yes, I'm not really sure what's up with it. I've given her soaps/asked her what her favorite scent is and she just doesn't seem to want the soaps. Even when I give them to her, they sit there and she uses other stuff instead.

She did say when she was a kid that she used to eat soap so maybe my soaps remind her of that? I'm not really sure. She also doesn't tell other people about my soaps like most of my family and even other acquaintances. It's a little weird...

Yes, I'm not really sure what's up with it. I've given her soaps/asked her what her favorite scent is and she just doesn't seem to want the soaps. Even when I give them to her, they sit there and she uses other stuff instead.

She did say when she was a kid that she used to eat soap so maybe my soaps remind her of that? I'm not really sure. She also doesn't tell other people about my soaps like most of my family and even other acquaintances. It's a little weird...

You need to ask her point blank. She might not realize how upsetting it is. If she is a good friend you should be able to tell her how you feel without it being a dramatic event.

I know I really should. I'm bad at that kind of stuff. Thank you for saying this to me. I'll try to bring it up maybe this weekend. I'll wait till after my birthday though. I don't think she knows that it bothers me...

My best friend initially didn't think much of my soaping but I gave her some anyway, probably the only reason she used them was that she knows how picky I'm with my ingredients and recipes in general AND she heard my other friend say good things about my soaps. She now uses only my soaps, doesn't ever want to run out and even requested that I try to make bubble bath for her kids. She doesn't want freebies though, so she does some soap goods shopping for me. And she and her hubby give me a feedback pretty consistently.

I wouldn't be insulted by that Jules, if she actually makes soap herself and still went to Lush, she must be a hard-core Lushie. Or there is just something wrong with her :)

Well I was the one that got her hooked on Lush, so my fault really, and there really isn't any hard feelings about it I just think she's crazy.

Latest posts

Back