Meet my puppy - and show me your pets!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ETA: I wish you could/would take pics of my dogs, that is a great photo. You must have some good skills there!

Thanks! It's another one of my time-consuming and occasionally frustrating hobbies!

KristaMarie, me too! I love all dogs but there's something about those big block heads :)

navigator9, that is one extremely boop-able little pink nose!

My Lucy ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438101989.111409.jpg

I just woke up from a nightmare about Buster passing away so had to go downstairs and give him a huge snuggle.

Nice nice pictures. I will post my dogs photo soon. now my question is are you guys making special soap for dog ?
what do you use? Store shampoos contain too much chemicals.

Lots of people make dog soap, but I know they are very sensitive to essential oils so check carefully before you use them to scent the bar, and also people say that the high pH of lye soap is not good for a dogs skin. Many people swear by it though, so I don't really know what to think.

I use CP soap on my dog too. I'm not an expert, so don't take this as fact, but unless you're washing your dog daily, I can't imagine it causing any harm. I don't know specifics about the acid mantle of their skin, but I assume it bounces back to normal on it's own-just like ours.

My dog gets bathed roughly once a month and I would be really hesitant to listen to anyone telling me that ten minutes of soap a month is damaging his skin.

unscented liquid soap made with 70% OO and 30% CO, or whatever rosemary or lavender EO scented bar Im using in the bathtub at the moment, and a nice diluted apple cider vinegar rinse for shine. But Max the wonder dog does not have sensitive skin at all. Oh and he likes salt bars too :)

I made and used one an MP one based on this (wanted one I could use right away), from David Fisher, a pretty well respected blogger. The post talks about dog soaps generally, not just MP.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soaprecipes/a/dogsoaprecipes.htm

I used EOs that were supposed to help w/flea control. Not sure how well that worked (as I also put the pups on a flea control regimen), but it didn't seem to hurt. Fwiw, I know that I was worried about using eo's/cp/mp on dogs, but think if a regular posts here w/a recipe it is a pretty safe bet. If not, there would be lots of posts gently questioning it, too :)

Last edited:
They are all gorgeous! Especially fluffy cats, I adore them!
Here's our fluff ball, he's in his assumed position (for about 20h a day), when he's not meowing at the walls at 3 am.
He's really big, about 8kg, fluffy tuxedo rescue cat. He's been with us for 13 years now and while he's is getting old and grey (yes he is full of greys), he is in very good health (knock on the wood). He was apparently 5 when we adopted him, but we would like to think he was younger as he will stay with us for longer.

WP_20130707_009.jpg

All these sweet, precious fur babies are so adorable! I love Fred petting Coco, too cute!
And the goat! I need to borrow for my back yard! It never gets mowed in time, plenty of food there! Haha. And the kids! Just !!!
The kitten with his claws all stuck out is tooooo adorable. The adorable kitty standing up and saying hi, and Buster's face, oh that face! I have to stop gushing now or I'll have pages. I want to comment on every single one. I might come back and catch up and do it though before it's all over. Just fair warning.
All of them stole my heart, I want to come visit everybody now.
I have below my beloved Solomon. We adopted him from a rescue facility who rescues dogs from euthanasia lists. Our sweet baby was scheduled to be put to sleep! I can't imagine it. I will talk way too much about him. He is American Staffordshire, I think. No hearing issues, perfect health. Often whites have hearing issues.
Also we have Henry- he is our black long hair kitty that Rowan, my daughter, rescued from the mall parking lot when he was no bigger than the palm of her hand. He was only a tiny ball of black *POOF* then. Now, he is a huge ball of black *POOF*.
The other picture has four of the babies scrunched in it. I titled this picture 'What product photography in my house Really looks Like". Lilly is the tiny little dark calico, Frodo is the grey cat, and I still have to come back and post a shot of our polydactyl, Liberty. She's our mean little six-toed kitty. She keeps everybody else in line.

I've also included Sheldon the box turtle, because we still kind of feel like he is 'ours'. He got lawn mower damage and the Boyfriend was extremely upset about it, so he doggedly called around until he found a wildlife shelter that would take the turtle in and try to care for it. He had a chunk clipped off his shell an inch and a half or so around, and really deep. He hung in there the few days we kept him, and we drove the turtle to Louisville . He is still so far okay and should make it as long as he is in captivity. His story is *supposed* to air on National Geographic this fall in order to educate people on what to do when they find injured wildlife. Solomon was also with us and we hope his appearance will also help send a message throughout the animal shelter community that euthanasia rescues really can come a long way--from death's table to national TV.

solomon2.jpg

henry-web.jpg

all.jpg

Sheldon.jpg

This has to be my most favorite non-soap thread here. From a world-wide group of such diverse people and yet the obvious love of life and animals. I'm very slow in recovering from this last surgery, but I have received another miracle. (Even my surgeon had to re-check all of the results). My final diagnosis was grade 1 ovarian cancer - all removed successfully with no chemo or radiation to follow! Unfortunately she had to operate the old fashioned way - cut from stem to stern, literally. Anyway, I have been spending most of my time in bed and wanted to share with you guys my favorite view. My husband Brian and our rescue cat Jeepster.

Brian and Jeepster.jpg

Cindy, so glad that the surgery went well and that prognosis is so good! Nothing helps recovery like snuggling with a furry little beast (not talking about your DH :)

Galaxy, your beasties are adorable. So is/are yours, Fuzzjuzz and Pryncess (sticking to this page so as to avoid hours saying "aww"). Also, Pryncess, your pics are amazing, the green eyes, wow. If I lived near you I would pay you to take pictures of my monsters.

Dog 1 of 2: Here is Duncan lounging out under our cherry tree. He was a rescue so we've no real idea on how old he is, but he's old enough now to be going deaf, a little blind and have a rough time up the stairs. What's the quote? It's broke, but still good. He's really latched onto my husband, so he's a man's dog. He loves to play fetch, and is our little "do you know where your family member is? reminder. If anyone steps out of the house, he'll sit at the top of the stairs above the front door and wait, and wait. If he gets waylaid at all, he'll quickly run back when the door begins opening so he can make sure he's the first thing that's seen.
a2XG3.jpg

Last edited:
Solomon was also with us and we hope his appearance will also help send a message throughout the animal shelter community that euthanasia rescues really can come a long way--from death's table to national TV.

What a great family of pets you have! Your comment above reminds me of the Michael Vick dogs. Many of them went to Best Friends Animal Society in Utah, and most of them were able to be rehabilitated and adopted out. If dogs who had been through the kind of hell that those dogs experienced, could be rehabbed, then there's hope for any dog. All they want is a little love. http://bestfriends.org/The-Sanctuary/Explore-the-Sanctuary/Dogtown/Vicktory-Dogs/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back