Suppliers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are so lucky, you really have no idea.
I always have to get everything from either the UK or America, with crazy shipping costs. It seriously is a need for some soapmaking supplies over here. I am not paying $50 for shipping 5 grams of Mica... (BrambleBerry is the WORST in this regard, seriously:evil:. To bad as I really wanted to try their folded orange oil but I simply can`t)
TBK trading I never got a reply from when asking for a shipping quote to Norway.

I can get essential oils here, if I am willing to pay around 35 -$50 for 5ml of some essential oil. Fragrance oils themselves only come in 5-10 ml. here and is only intended for that "make some M&P with your kids" kits.
Castor oil I can get in the pharmacy here, but only in a 30ml bottle. It costs me $11.:cry:
In the US we tend to take for granted that we have virtually everything available at decent prices. I often think what a shame it is when people live in a country where supplies are not readily available. On the bright side, you live in a gorgeous country :)

In the US we tend to take for granted that we have virtually everything available at decent prices. I often think what a shame it is when people live in a country where supplies are not readily available. On the bright side, you live in a gorgeous country :)

Thanks for the comfort, and compliment, cmzaha!
It really is a problem at times, but then again, perhaps I shouldn`t complain, it is sort of a first world problem! :oops: After all I have a roof over my head, married to my best friend for 20 years now, and we have an ok healthcare system which have saved my life more than once, so I shouldn`t complain really...:mrgreen:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//no.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I do some selling on ebay. Recently someone from Norway purchased one of my items. When I saw you were in Norway I thought it may be worth mentioning this... Norway is one of the countries listed in the ebay international shipping program. Ebay pays all the shipping once the item leaves the U.S. Ebay sellers often pay for shipping so it was worthwhile for me to list my item internationally. I only paid to ship to the nearest U.S. port, and eBay covered everything else, even did the export papers, duties, etc. As a seller I didn't need to do anything differently, just ship to the address in Norway -- done, no extra paperwork or shipping costs. I often find ebay prices for my soap stuff is a little more expensive than other US suppliers, but it may be very cost effective for you??? Worth a look.
You guys are so lucky, you really have no idea.
I always have to get everything from either the UK or America, with crazy shipping costs. It seriously is a need for some soapmaking supplies over here. I am not paying $50 for shipping 5 grams of Mica... (BrambleBerry is the WORST in this regard, seriously:evil:. To bad as I really wanted to try their folded orange oil but I simply can`t)
TBK trading I never got a reply from when asking for a shipping quote to Norway.

I can get essential oils here, if I am willing to pay around 35 -$50 for 5ml of some essential oil. Fragrance oils themselves only come in 5-10 ml. here and is only intended for that "make some M&P with your kids" kits.
Castor oil I can get in the pharmacy here, but only in a 30ml bottle. It costs me $11.:cry:

I do some selling on ebay. Recently someone from Norway purchased one of my items. When I saw you were in Norway I thought it may be worth mentioning this... Norway is one of the countries listed in the ebay international shipping program. Ebay pays all the shipping once the item leaves the U.S. Ebay sellers often pay for shipping. With their international shipping program it was worthwhile for me to list my item internationally. I only paid to ship to the nearest U.S. port, and eBay covered everything else, even did the export papers, duties, etc. As a seller I didn't need to do anything differently, just ship to the address in Norway -- done, no extra paperwork, duties, or shipping costs. I often find ebay prices for my soap stuff is a little more expensive than other US suppliers, but it may be very cost effective for you??? Worth a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do some selling on ebay. Recently someone from Norway purchased one of my items. When I saw you were in Norway I thought it may be worth mentioning this... Norway is one of the countries listed in the ebay international shipping program. Ebay pays all the shipping once the item leaves the U.S. Ebay sellers often pay for shipping so it was worthwhile for me to list my item internationally. I only paid to ship to the nearest U.S. port, and eBay covered everything else, even did the export papers, duties, etc. As a seller I didn't need to do anything differently, just ship to the address in Norway -- done, no extra paperwork or shipping costs. I often find ebay prices for my soap stuff is a little more expensive than other US suppliers, but it may be very cost effective for you??? Worth a look.

Thank you for taking the time to pop in to let me know, that was kind of you tbeck3579, thank you!
Yes I have seen that option a lot, I would have loved to do this! But unfortunately I have never been able to take advantage of it, because when it comes to the end price when everything is added up, I would end up paying $80-90 for two 500ml. bottles of fragrance oils, including the shipping/customs deal. That was just one example, but a very common one I run across everytime I search. But this is probably also because this system isn`t a charity that ebay does, they have to make some money on the process, understandably so.

In Norway we have to pay a customs fee of products that ads up to $40, That doesn`t sound like not so bad of a deal? Well, that sum is including shipping, handlingfees and insurance. How much can someone really get for that sum when the shipping alone end up becoming 70% of the total you can buy before been hit by a $30-50 customs fee? The rules are strict.

Living on a very tight budget because of unfortunate healthissues, I have learned that the only thing I can do is save up a couple of months, and when I have enough for product and shipping I can order 1 small bottle of something, and start saving up until next time. Since I am not selling I don`t get money in that I could have used on getting supplies etc. But it doesn`t take any joy away from me when making soap, it is very fulfilling and I learn a ton every time I make a batch! And I can get coconutoil, olive oil and lard here, so that is what I mostly use. Soap is soap, even without fancy oils, lol:D

Sorry to hear that. I visited Norway many years ago, in
'89. It is so pretty! I know things are much more expensive but you have a wonderful social system that I am very envious of. If it wasn't so dog gone cold in the winter I would seriously consider becoming a resident! I really loved it that much. Like everything in life, there are trade-offs. I can understand your frustrations with imports and prices. The upside is, no student loan debt, no worries about health care, etc. -- so many American's can't afford either and more and more are going without food and shelter -- 1 out of 3 American children are food insecure -- that's our country's dirty little secret :(. In my warm home with food on my table this Christmas season I keep all in my prayers. It's easy to forget how fortunate we are. I do hope you have a very merry Christmas.

Back