Spam thread titles that hit the CP forum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyago

Reaction score
always remind me of Sunny Day Real Estate lyrics. What ever bot that creates these comes up with some intriguing headers.

There certainly have been some bizarre ones. My particular favorite was the one with the subject header "what to say man!! here all are mean". I thought "Oh! This spammer already knows about the admins." :lol:

Odd one:

"Mother got her two funeral wishes.".

Mine would be...

1. I wish I didn't die.
2. I super duper wish I didn't die.

Got a new one!

"Activities that demand very little of you"

After last night and so far today, I really have a desire for an undemanding period of time on the forum. BTW, I don't know if anyone noticed but there was a spammy post added to this topic. It's been deleted now. :lol:

I also noticed them popping up on the general chat forum. Is that new? I had only noticed them in CP before.

Spammers have posted in almost all of the forums. You probably just didn't see most of them 'cuz lsg is like a super speedy spam swatter. She's generally onto them fairly quickly. If she doesn't get them, Relle and paillo are waiting to pounce. They all seem to really enjoy it.

Great job Hazel, lsg, Relle and paillo.

I sympathise, my facebook group was spam free until the membership grew. I'm the only admin and they always post while I'm asleep. I'm getting better now at identifying fb profiles which look dodgy but some slip through the net.

They're a big pain because there are a bunch of steps to deleting the spam, permanently banning the user, and reporting the IP address to Austin to zap the offending bot for good. But yes, heh heh, I rather enjoy it :evil:

And there are lots of them today! So far today judymoody, lsg and I have banned 10 blasted bots.

Back