Christmas might be coming early for my parents.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennH

Reaction score
Today I was talking to my mom on the phone.

Mom: Your dad wants to talk to you.
Me: Sure!
Dad: I'm out of soap
Me: OK...
Dad: Your mom says you're probably saving it for Christmas. But I'm out now.
Me: Sure, well...
Dad: All we have is that icky white Dial soap. I don't like it.
Me: Oh...
Dad: And your mom bought me some fancy soap. I don't like it.
Me: OK, well...
Dad: If it's for Christmas, I can put the tree up tomorrow. You can wrap it and everything. I'll save the paper and bow and wrap what's left at Christmas and put it under the tree.

Just to be clear, up until last year when I started making soap, my parents exclusively used that "icky white Dial soap" and had for as long as I can remember. I think I'll be stopping by this weekend to bring him his fix. :p

That is hilarious!!!! Your family sounds very 'supportive' LOL

That's so funny, and cool! I was totally imagining your conversation as a bit on Prairie Home Companion, where he phones his dad.

Oh My, that is SO my family. ha ha. My parents are hooked too. I just got a "request" like that today myself, except that it was my mom asking me to make a Sake based soap for anti-aging purposes. :) too funny

That's adorable! I wish my parents wanted my soaps so badly :)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I love this. I haven't managed to convert my dad or my sisters but I was able to wean my husband away from commercial liquid hand soap. Small victories.

Yeah dad's quite the funny man. And supportive. He made me a wooden log mold :D and he saw a soap mold at an auction and got it for me. The one from the auction is interesting. It has metal dividers????

Sounds almost identical to the conversation I had with my dad about salsa today. It is nice to have the fruits of our labors appreciated isn't it?

Today I was talking to my mom on the phone.

Mom: Your dad wants to talk to you.
Me: Sure!
Dad: I'm out of soap
Me: OK...
Dad: Your mom says you're probably saving it for Christmas. But I'm out now.
Me: Sure, well...
Dad: All we have is that icky white Dial soap. I don't like it.
Me: Oh...
Dad: And your mom bought me some fancy soap. I don't like it.
Me: OK, well...
Dad: If it's for Christmas, I can put the tree up tomorrow. You can wrap it and everything. I'll save the paper and bow and wrap what's left at Christmas and put it under the tree.

Just to be clear, up until last year when I started making soap, my parents exclusively used that "icky white Dial soap" and had for as long as I can remember. I think I'll be stopping by this weekend to bring him his fix. :p

I don't blame him. I stopped getting my regular odds and ends from a friend of mine sometime ago. I need someone to send me anice soap now. Love the smell.

That's such a cute story. My family is like that though too. Especially my cousin and my husband. I'ts really nice when you have a great support system.

aw thats great. My parents are the same way....any time they run out of soap they ask when they can get more

Back